The Curse At Alton Manor: Star Rating -> 5/5

The Curse At Alton Manor is a dark ride that opened on Saturday 18 March 2023. Just a pre-warning, this review will be full of spoilers, so if you would like to go onto the ride without knowing any of the backstory, please, for your own good, skip this chapter. I was incredibly lucky to go on this ride the day after opening (Sunday 19 March 2023) and the queues were huge. It is so beautifully themed and has an amazing mix of physical props and CGI. The story of this ride is an interesting one, so let us begin, shall we?

The ride's story is as follows. Emily Alton, the forgotten daughter of the Alton family, is kept in the attic with only a dolls house to keep her amused. Neglected, Emily's mind slowly becomes full of hatred for her parents, and is constantly trying to get their attention. On New Years Eve, 1892, Emily politely asks her father if she can attend the party that he and her mother are throwing to celebrate the New Year. Her father refuses to let her attend, telling her "No you may not, now get to your room you wretched creature." Emily snaps the neck of a doll in anger when she gets back upstairs to the attic. When the clock struck twelve, everybody in the house mysteriously died, besides Emily, who disappeared with her dolls house and all of her dolls. Now, she invites you to come and play with her, letting you see her perspective of the world.

So.. why does this dark ride get 5 stars?

I personally really like this ride as there are lots of impressive things that occur on the ride, such as a certain trick. Whilst you are on the ride, you go past a wall of mirrors. In one, you see yourself and the other riders in your ride-car. When you go past the next mirror however, you have all disappeared, and Emily is sat in the front row of the ride car, staring at you. This ride is truly amazing, hence why I love it so much.

<3