The Wicker-Man: Star Rating -> 5/5

The Wicker-Man is a wooden roller-coaster designed by Skyline Design LLC (with some design input from the man, the myth, the legend John Wardley) and manufactured by Great Coasters International. This roller coaster is the UK's first wooden roller coaster since Megafobia, in Oakwood, Wales, in 1996. The Wicker-Man opened in 2018 to huge success, it is. truly beautiful roller coaster, and is incredibly smooth and fast for a wooden roller coaster.

This coaster is the eighth secret weapon built at the park (SW1 & SW2 were designed but never built), and has a unique theme that is very interesting. It is based around the Beornen, a small community inhabiting the woods near Alton. They live in harmony with the nature, away from modern technology, without any contact to the outside world. They invite you to a 'celebration of our Earth'. However, it turns out that you are an offering to the Wicker-Man, a sacrifice, yet you survive. This story is very interesting in that it is different, and if anyone wanted to replicate this story, they would struggle to, as the ride incorporates local legends and the general local area into the rides theming and storyline.

So.. why does this coaster get five stars?

This coaster gets five stars because it stands out from most other wooden roller coasters, and is also very visually appealing! The story is amazing too, and this coaster holds a special place in my heart, as the ride that helped me truly discover how much I love this park, and how much of a special place it holds in my heart. It was the first ever secret weapon coaster I had been on at the park, and I'm grateful that it was, at it is truly marvellous.

<3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeQ_vdGgQ_o

(This link leads to the Wicker-Man on-ride POV)