Ferocity

Chaos erupted around me.

The children were ushered out as the crowd of werewolves rushed to their feet in an uproar. Golden eyes flashed at me, as anger took control. Raucous yelling and arguments overtook the crowd as news spread that the rogue was 'mated' to the Alpha.

Seething, I turned towards my 'partner' who was arguing with the old man who caused all of this. I passed the sobbing blonde and shot her a withering look. Pathetic wench.

Snatches of their conversation floated to me over the deafening noise.

"...Must be something you can do." The alpha begged.

The old man shook his head "Not my call, Death is the-"

Jabbing a shaking finger into his rock hard chest, I venemously hissed "What the hell did you do to me?!"

He bristled at my tone, swinging his burning gaze onto my shaking form
"I didnt do anything," he said equally as passionate

"we're mated and nothing can change it now." bitterness seeped his tone but I was oblivious to caring.

"What do you mean mated?" my puzzlement caused him to pause.

"We're bonded, mated, married. However you want to phrase it, we're stuck toge-"

I never let him finish. Claws ripped through my nails as fangs roughly formed from my small human teeth. Halfway shifted, I pounced on his surprised form. I was shaking as I ravenously tore at his chest.

"I Will Never Be With You!"

I punctuated each garbled word from my elongated jaw with a thick slice of my claws down his bare chest. The malicious side of me, the wolf side, delighted in the ruby rivulets running down his supple skin.

Be with a killer? A biter? Never.

I was shaking, nearly vibrating from the strain of holding back a full shift. I hadn't been human in years, and I'd shifted only a handful of times. If not for the crack in my ribs as they tried to reform that caused me to pause in my attack, I could've overpowered him.

Instead I instantly found his forearm at my throat as he pushed me back and pinned me down. He rested a knee on my sternum, grabbing my wrists and holding them above my head. Despite my thrashing he held firm, surprise had been my advantage against him and now it was lost.

"Now you listen here-" his snarl stopped mid sentence.

Before he could speak again a strange feeling overcame me. The sickly metallic scent of his blood turned sweet and heady to my nostrils. I watched his pupils dilate as he stared into my eyes. My claws retracted and I became fully human as something seemed to yank within me causing me to gasp like a fish out of water.

"Whats... happening..." I gaped, breathless.

"The bond is forming" The old man watched me intently as I clutched at my chest before the pain just as suddenly dissapeared.

Exhausted I flopped down, allowing the alpha to pick me up and carry me away from the roar of the crowd. My skin warmed at his touch, it tingled like static electricity. Had that always been there?

I wanted to hate him, hate his superior strength and the fact that he was a werewolf. Yet I couldnt find my previous conviction within me.

He smelled nice, I just noticed as a dizzy feeling took hold, like peppermint patties, breath mints, or maybe.... Old Spice? His eyes glanced at me, they were a bright riveting blue. Did my eyes change back from scarlet like his?

The world seemed to spin around me as I took in his pale cream skin and dark curly brown hair. The arms that carried me were thick and strong. He was tall and massive, like a football player. I glanced at his chest; it was flawless, without a scar to hint of my attack.

"Whats your name?" I whispered as the dizziness increased, causing the stars to spin around me in glowing blurs.

"Luke." he replied as my eyes drifted shut.