Friction

We'd walked to the forest in tense silence. On my part at least.

How dare he challenge me!

My fury fueled my glower as my clothes seemed to evaporate as I stripped behind a tree. Anger nearly had me shaking.

Assuming that a bitten is lesser than a born.

Scowling I let the change come over me, using my anger as a push in its speed. I walked out barely a minute after he did, my new record.

I watched furiously, as he shook his coat and pranced about the underbrush.

Thinks he can hunt better huh? We'll see.

I huffed at his barely bigger form before charging off. I heard his pattering paws behind me, staying behind. I scented the air, ignoring his presence as I settled into my old routine.

Sleep. Eat. Survive.

The forest quaked around me with life, my ears picked up small squirrels and voles all around but I wanted big game, a kill of worth.

I trotted through the underbrush, scenting nothing but following a path made by animals before me. Deer trails.

Luke just stalked behind me, loud and annoying. He never walked level with me, instead he waited on me to lead.

So much for giving me those 'tips'.

The breeze brought the smell of life to my snout. The smell of meat. The smell of deer.

I growled at Luke and he stopped behind me. I lowered my body waiting for him to imitate me before stalking to the end of the deer trail.

Together we paused, watching the few deer grazing ahead. I scanned them a looking for a target. I didn't want the far ones, or one of the fittest. I spotted a fawn, stumbled away a few feet from its mother and I knew it'd be mine.

I growled at Luke lowly and gave him a look anyone would understand. Stay. Here.

I creeped up a few more inches, reassured when I was alone. I counted quickly taking a deep breath 1..2...3!

I sprang into action, sprinting over the twigs and bushes as the herd quickly realized my presence and bolted.

But the fawn was young and clumsy. It ran by its mother but it wasn't fast enough. Instead  I overcame them and lunged for the young deer, it's scream of fear assuring the kill...

If I hadn't been knocked aside by another wolf.
I quickly rose to my feet as déjà vu filled my senses. I turned and bristled at Luke. I approached him stiff legged and angry.

He ruined my kill!

I lowly growled and snapped at him. A gesture he didn't appreciate since he reciprocated. He raised himself above me, apparently asking for my submission but it was just too much.

My kill. My home. My humanity.
He'd taken them all. My vision turned red.

I lunged back at his snapping jaws. We scrapped and rolled around, biting and clawing  at each other until we found ourselves at odds, opposite and equal.

Not so strong without his goonies to overpower me.

I quickly shifted back to my human form and found him waiting. He threw a shirt at me already in dirt shorts.

"Why'd you take my kill?" I growled at him furious.

"You went for a baby. We don't approve of that type of killing."

I snorted. " So what? You just starve? I know you guys just eat human food out of a can or whatever but I eat to survive. Hate to break it to you but wolves target the weak. We eat the old and the slow."

He advanced at me "On my territory there will be no such nonsense. You abide by the lupus code now as a part of a pack." His domineering frame was too close to mine.

I sneered at him hating at how I had to crane up to look at his  face. "The lupus code is a bunch of masogonistic bullshit."

He growled in my face sucking in a deep breath to yell at me, but something came over. It felt like my hands weren't my own, as if a presence ghosted through me. The presence gripped his shirt with a ferociousness that surprised even him. I tugged him closer strongly, meeting his lips to mine, my other hand reaching his neck, holding him there against me.

He stilled for a moment, unprepared for my brutal attack. One nip to his bottom lip had his senses awakening. He crowded my body to a tree, pressing his strong form to my own-chest to chest. One hand painfully tugged at my hair while the other kneaded the flesh of my hip.

A low rumbling echoed in his throat as he quickly broke the kiss to suck and nip at the gentle skin on my neck. As soon as his canines came in contact with my skin, I jolted so far back that he stumbled away- surprised. I panted heavily, scared of myself. What had a happened? What was that? What made me do that? It was worrisome to say the least, if I wasn't in control of my actions how could I ever hope to leave?

We stayed in an awkward silence for a second, looking at the moss covered floor panting. He cleared his throat after a moment.

Embarrassed?

"I'm new to all this too" his voice was apologetic but his cheeks burned. He almost seemed like an abash little boy, did I want to smile? No, I couldn't even remember those muscles if I wanted to.

"Can we start this over? Go back and get on the same page?" He asked, over polite. Uncomfortable and stiff, now that I could deal with...