Chapter one (City at night)

It was a dark night in Gotham city, the air was cold and you could hear the sirens of the cops, the moon was shining and the Batman sign was showing in the sky. i had just gotten out of work and heading to my apartment, i got in my car put on my seatbelt and all of a sudden i hear someone yell my name

"Elizabeth" I turned over, to see a young man with blond hair and a long black coat. It was Jackson Lee, a friendly mysterious guy I worked with.

i rolled down the window and greeted him with a smile on my face,
"here are the blood test of the crime scene investigations i bet you want to take a look at it" he said with a high tone, thanks i'll see them when i get home, have a good night, i said with weariness in my eyes,

I was so tired, work was really busy today. Someone got murder so I had to go and investigate that. You see that a lot here in Gotham city my dad used to call it the city of crime and he's not wrong about it.

i had just gotten home, i open the door and turned on the light, got a glass of wine and sat down in the couch, i took a look at the blood test jackson gave me and other papers about the crime scene, apparently some really important people in gotham are involved in this crime scene,
"It's crazy how people can do such monstrosity" I said with a disappointing voice while looking at some images that were in the folders.
Joe Dex, he was a brilliant professor in psychology, he worked at Gotham's asylum. He was found dead in his office, I saw some images of his body, it was burned. You couldn't even recognize him. I kept reading the paper and then saw a familiar name "Bruce Wayne" , a multimillionaire industrialist. Everyone knows him here in Gotham, but why was he in the suspects list, I wondered.
I heard my phone ring so I stood up and grabbed it from my purse that was on the kitchen table. It was Harper Windsor, my boss. I answered it, I heard a thick voice say
"good night miss Gray sorry to interrupt you this late but did you see the papers i sent with lee?,

Yes I did, but what does it have to do Wayne? I asked with curiosity.

"Well you see he knows Joe Crane, Wayne was the last one that saw him,, before he died" said Windsor.

"But how do you know? we didn't have any testimonies" i said with a high tone,

"Turn the page" said mr windsor. "I want you to investigate this Wayne guy. There's going to be a party at the senator's house this Friday and I'm pretty sure he will be attending, so you must go and talk to him. said Mr Windsor while hanging up the phone.

I put the phone down, and grabbed the papers. I turned the page over and saw some images from the cameras of Crane's office of him and Wayne together the night he was killed.

*Next morning* 7:30

I had just woken up, brushed my teeth and taken a shower. I was going to meet Claire, my best friend. We were going to have breakfast together. She and I met when we were 16 and have been best friends ever since.
*ding dong* I heard the door ringing. It was Claire, I opened the door to see her in a short green flowered dress and a brown jacket.

"Hey, are you ready?" said claire with enthusiasm. "yes, i'm ready don't you see what i'm wearing" i asked

"dude you cant be fucking wearing that, were are your clothe?, where did you even get those pants? Did you steal them from a homeless guy?" said Claire with a disgusted face.

"Claire we are just having breakfast" i said

I usually dress nice but this time I just wasn't in the mood, so Claire went into my closet and found some high waisted jeans a black crop top, some black boots and a long jacket.

"Okay, much better, now you can definitely get a man, cause you seriously need one" said Claire with a serious tone.

"no i don't, im fine like this" i said

"Beth you really need to move one, i know it sucks what that asshole brent did to you but you just have to move on" Claire said with a soft tone.

Claire is right. I do have to move on, but I just don't want some other jerk in my life.