Chapter two (The ball)

We had just arrived at the restaurant and sat down close to a window. It was sunny today but it was still cold . We ordered some coffee and talked for a while.

"so, what's new at work?" asked claire while taking a sip of her coffee

"Actually I have to go to this party tomorrow, I need to talk to Bruce Wayne, for some investigation we are trying to solve," I said with a disappointing voice.

"oh no way, i'm going to the party too,  alex invited me, oh and alex and bruce are like really close friends, maybe we could double date"

Alex is Claire's boyfriend, not a really great fan of his but  I don't really know him. But it's great that he knows Bruce. Maybe he could help me talk to him.

"HELLOOO" said Claire trying to get my attention  

"sorry i zoned out", "hey i'm not trying to get a date with this guy, i don't even know him" i said

"Fine, but at least try,"  said Claire trying to cheer me up.

We finished eating, paid the bill and headed out. Claire wanted to go shopping for some clothes, plus I needed a dress, so we went to the mall. First we went to Zara. I found this really nice red dress Claire insisted that I should get. I did. I mean it was really nice and it looks amazing on me.

*A few hours later*

Claire dropped me off at my place. I was a bit tired, but I was still intrigued to know more about Bruce Wayne, so I got on my laptop and searched for him.  Apparently when he was younger his parents had been killed right in front of him. Then I saw a picture of his mother. She looked familiar but I didn't recognize her. I shut my computer off and went to bed.

*Next Day*

I woke up, got ready and went to work. It was a busy day today but the hours passed on really fast. Just as I looked at the clock it was 4:50 and I had to be at the party by 6. I still have time. I got in my car and drove to my apartment. I got upstairs, took a shower, did my hair and I put the red dress on.

I took a look in the mirror. "not bad" i said

I heard a honk, so I went to the balcony to see who it was. it was my limousine, i grab my purse and went downstairs,

"Hi miss Gray" said the chauffeur while opening the door for me

"Good afternoon Harold," I said with a smile on my face. "where are you heading?" asked Harold

"to the senator's house" i said

5 minutes later we arrived, it was a big house, really nice. harold opened the door for me and just when i was coming out of the car i saw claire with alex, they came up to me and said hi,

"holy shit, you look amazing" said claire

We went inside and Claire and Alex went to say hi to some friends. I went to the bar and got a martini. I was looking around to see if I could see Bruce, then I looked over where Claire and Alex were and there he was talking to them.

"Beth" cried Claire

I went over there and Bruce stood up. He grabbed my hand and kissed it.  he is a tall guy with dark hair and blue eyes , he was wearing a tuxedo and really nice black shoes

"Hi, im Bruce Wayne , you must be Elizabeth" said bruce with a flirty look

"Indeed, Elizabeth, Elizabeth Gray, nice to meet you" I said with a soft tone.

"Okay were going to leave you guys, we are going to get some drinks" said Alex while grabbing Claire's hand

We sat on one of the tables that was next to us and had some drinks.