3: Who's the kid?

PREV- "Alright, so I'm guessing to the Batcave for now?" Nightwing said unsure.

"yea" Batman said as he carefully picked up the teen.

Batman and Nightwing arrived at the cave with Nico. Tim who was sitting near the computers as usual, asked "Who's the kid?".

"That's what we need you to find. We have a blood sample as well." Batman answered.

"Alright," Tim said as he got the blood sample and started his work.

Batman placed Nico on a table and told Nightwing to bring the emergency kit. Nightwing came back and they started cleaning the wound, taking the bullet out and stitching Nico up.

"Uh, Batman, you sure this is his blood?" Tim said after a while.

"Yes, why?" Batman answered.

"There is no record of him in the system. It's like he never existed, there's no birth record, nothing." Tim explained.

"Have you tried government records? You know how they like keeping people non-existent." Nightwing said.

"Right. Good idea." Tim said as he faced the tech again.

'Why would a kid be in government record though?' Tim thought.

As if reading Tim's mind Batman took his mask off and said, "This is Gotham City can't just disregard the possibility."

"Right." Nightwing said as he took his mask off as well.

"Aaand, I found something!" Tim said generally surprised.

"Really? I didn't think you would."

"Well, I found a name. Everything else is like blocked. Higher than military tech. I could try to get through but there a very high possibility of setting off an alarm."

"Don't. We will know when he wakes up." The guy under the black mask, Bruce, said.

Nico had woken up when Nightwing had suggested searching the government records.

"What's the name?" Nightwing said as he placed his mask on again.

"Nico. That's it, can't see the last name." Tim answered.

"ugh" Nico grunted pretending to wake up.

Batman placed his mask back on and faced Nico.

"Uh. Where am I? Is this another kidnapping?" Nico said, he risked soul searching the mortals. The guy in black was Bruce Wayne, a famous billionaire who Nico had seen in newspapers. The one in blue is Dick Grayson, and the computer dude was Tim Drake.

'Another?' Nightwing thought.

"You got shot. Where were your parents? You should know better." Batman said.

"I'm sure it's none of your business what I do." Nico answered.

Batman had brought Nico outside through a different exit and asked, "Alright kid, where are your parents?"

"Like I said why should it be your business?" Nico said.

"This is my city. That makes it my business." Batman stated.

'YOU own the city? I'll be damned then.' Nico thought.

"A friend of mine, Bruce Wayne could take you in while we contact your parents then." Batman said.

'Isn't that you?'

"No thanks I think I'm fine." He said as he started to walk away.

Surprisingly Batman didn't push it.