12: Night watch(ed)?

Prev-Nico groaned and rubbed his face, getting ready to put up the facade of being hurt as he was too embarrassed to let them know the whole ordeal had been caused by mere Jello.

"Do we know the other man involved in the fight?" Bruce asked Tim as they waited outside Nico's room.

Tim shook his head. "No, the guy disappeared after Nico got hit. According to Barry, he saw him running away quickly, but he couldn't go after him as he was the one who brought the doctor."

"Ay, leave it to Barry to know when to use his speed." Dick chipped in from where he leaned on the wall beside the door.

"Tch. Should've gone after the man.." Damian grumbled, earning a glance from the others.

"What? T-That way we could've got a bit of info, seeing as the man wasn't even on the list of invites!" He quickly said to disperse any sense that he cared.

The doctor listening and getting uncomfortable in hearing everything, clears his throat. "Ahem-, Mr. Wayne, I must ask, why is it that you're willing to allow your son to check his own injuries? After All, would it not be better for me to do so? A trained professional?"

"Well Barty, Nico seems to have an excessive amount of experience with bandages. Either way, I'd hate to see Nico so uncomfortable, I mean, did you not see the look on his face this whole time?" Bruce said as he spared a glance towards Nico's closed door.

"What do you mean, Bruce?" Dick asked him, curious about his thoughts.

"Nico didn't have a look of contorted pain, but more an uncomfortable disgust this whole time... He seemed more bothered by all the people and disgusted by the touches than from his wound..." Tim piped in as he crossed his arms and leaned his chin on one of his hands thoughtfully.

'As expected of a master detective. Always attentive.' Dick thought with a nod.

Meanwhile, an annoyed Nico was having an internal battle on whether to fake the wound and act it all, or save himself the trouble of wasting his acting, and actually make a wound. (A/N: Let's leave this up to debate╰(⇀︿⇀)つ-]═───, what y'all think? I'll change the story to go along.)

.........

Nico let out a deep sigh as he redid the bandages, looking into a mirror but avoiding everything except the bandages. He pulled a clean shirt over himself and took a deep breath walking over to the door and opening it.

"Um, I-I'm don-" Nico was about to say he was done when a loud buzzing started in his ears, and he stumbled.

"Oh god! Why are you standing!" Barty, the doctor, explained in alarm as he immediately ushered and helped Nico back to bed.

Nico complied as he sat on the bed and stared down at his hands. The buzzing hadn't left.

'...people are dying...In large quantities as well...' He thought as he brought a hand to his head. Completely ignoring the doctor. His voice is just another sound in the background.

"...co....ico......Nico!" Bruce shook him out of his trance.

"Are you ok? What's happening?" He asked with a too calm of a look.

'How strange, is it the wound?'

"Ah, I'm sorry. I just had this, like, um, loud ringing in my ears..." Nico said truthfully, a slight hesitation in his tone.

"That should be normal, usually after sustaining a wound and suddenly being up like that, one would feel dizzy from blood loss, possibly in the danger of passing out as well." Tim explained, happy to be able to show off his genius intellect.