Filler; before starting the hell: 9

(A/N: Mb mb. Here's ya chapter.)

PREV-'Going back to my train of thoughts yesterday, Jason. He has a smell of death. It's not too noticeable, but it's there.' Nico zoned out the rest of the way. He thought about why Jason smelled of death. Why was his father interested in this place? Why hasn't he met any monsters? Why is the Wayne family so interesting? Why do they hide secrets? And what are they?

Once they reached the manor, they were greeted by a smiling Bruce who asked how their trip went. Once inside, there were round tables all around the main floor. There was a red carpet from the entrance to the end where it reached the tables. The kitchen was used to store the food that was being made. It looked so extravagant the way the stairs went from both sides and met at the top were decorated with a white cloth on the rails and a red carpet going up them to meet each other. The tables had a white cloth and they had vases in the middle decorated with flowers as wine cups surrounded them. One per seat. The chandelier seemed to be even brighter with all the decorations.

Bruce had already gotten ready. He was wearing a white undershirt, a black suit with a red tie. He had pants that were his normal black dress pants with black leather shoes.

"You guys should start to get ready. The first people should arrive at 3pm. It's 12." Bruce said as they were looking around.

They all went to their separate rooms to get dressed. Dick came out first, dressed in a blue undershirt and a black suit with a lighter blue tie. Followed by Damian in a red undershirt and a darker red tie, and Tim in a brown undershirt and a yellow-gold tie. Lastly, Nico came out, with a green undershirt and a dark green tie. It was the suit that he tried at the tailor shop.

Nico didn't like wearing the suit. The tailor thankfully made it a half size bigger than what he actually was, but he still felt small and uncomfortable. Bruce smiled and complemented their looks.

"Alright, before people start arriving, I want Nico at the door greeting people, don't worry, I will be with you for the first majority of the time when people start arriving. Dick, I want you to introduce Nico afterwards, you know, taking the lead. Damian... just don't cuss anyone out or create a ruckus. Tim, please do what you did last time." Bruce started giving everyone tasks and directing them to where they would be and how they should act.

Soon, Damian was near the back of the room. Dick was telling Nico about pleasantries to use and giving him a little more detail on manners and etiquette. Tim was standing where the red carpet finished by the tables. He was ready to seat people once they started arriving. Nico was standing by the closed doors listening to Dick's advice.

Nico could feel cold sweat run down the back of his neck. He barely smiled at anybody, much less business people and the media. While he was listening to Dick talk about hand gestures, smiles, polite tones, and whatnot, he was also running his mind at 100mph. He was more nervous than when he fought any titans or faced his father. Even though all he had to do was greet people in the beginning and not be rude, he still wasn't ready for the horrifying socialization that would happen.

Bruce was eyeing Nico from afar. He had a gut feeling that something would go wrong. He felt it, he just didn't know when, or what. He had yet to research more into Nico's military school, 'training', and family. He couldn't find enough clues to latch on and find where to start.

Damian was near the back of the room. He hated galas like any of his other siblings, he was just more... 'honest' in his opinion. Damien eyed Nico from his spot, he was trained enough to notice his discomfort and nervousness.

'I am doing this because I am the great Damian. Batman's only real son. Not because I feel anything for him.' Damian tried to justify his actions as he walked over and stood at the wall near where Nico would be greeting the guests. His glare was ready for those who chatted too long. He crossed his arms and leaned on the wall. He was ready to emit his angry aura at the annoying guest. Especially the media.

Nico had obviously noted Damian's change of position. He was oblivious to why Damian moved, he just noted by reflex. But Nico did get more nervous. For as Damian practiced his glare, Nico felt it.

'Why is he glaring at me now? What did I do.;;;;' Nico internally whined.

He shifted from leg to leg as we half listened to Dick, cold sweating at Damian and Bruce's stares, while the other half of his mind ran on making up lies and getting ready to not run or freeze when the crowd came.

Everyone picked up on how nervous and uncomfortable Nico was, and Damian's sudden change of position. Of course Bruce had a vague idea on why Damian moved, he only barely stopped a smile that was forming on his face.

(A/N: I'm sorry for being gone almost 2 months. Since break started, I thought I'd be free. Actually, the opposite. I moved, then i went on vacation for full family trip, almost a month and I didn't have my laptop. I managed to write snips of this chapter on my phone though. And then classes started again! Fuck! :'( i come home with stacks every day for hmw. Lol doing fine tho.)