Chapter 4: Midnight Aftermath

Before starting his plan to purge the gang member, Sigurd had made sure to count the number of people that he had shot correctly, and also made some more backup plan in case some of the gang members are still alive, there are nothing wrong with being that after all, but even with his brilliant mind would he be able to calculate the chaotic variable known as Kiana Kaslana impulsive decision.

Of course, he could understand that Kiana was thinking about his safety. It's just that this kind of thing is not negotiable, if he said that something can't be done, then it can't be done.

The result of neither of the white haired kids compromising on their decision was that the two of them continued to lie down on the icy and snowy ground for more than half an hour.

For Kiana, this kind of thing is something that doesn't bother her at all, both physically or emotionally, rather, she actually becomes more energetic as the time goes on.

But for Sigurd, who had just eaten a few piece of black bread to sustain his still fragile and weak body for a whole day, waiting in the cold was nothing less than pure torture.

This kind of result was also something that Sigurd had expected priorhand, so he didn't panic or something like that.

Therefore, when the time limit on how much his body can take was almost up, Sigurd didn't try to be brave, and let go of the little tuna under him, and after making sure that she was unhurt, he let her drag his body toward the now silent building.

In order to prevent a sneak attack, Sigurd didn't turn on the light source at all, but held a shotgun in one hand, and accompanied by Kiana, he carefully groped up and down the stairs.

After making sure that he can't hear any sound of breathing or heartbeat on the corpse that he found around the building, Sigurd let out a sigh of relief, the feeling of something incredibly heavy on his shoulder finally gone.

After that, Sigurd signaled to Kiana who was waiting outside to come into the building, making sure to tell her to turn on the light on the building.

The wiring on the second floor seemed to have been cut off during his attack, and in the end, only the lights in the living room on the first floor were left intact, which were still able to light up the building normally.

After confirming that there are no more leftover dangerous gasses inside the building, Sigurd started to pay attention to his physical problems, so he cooked some soup with the ingredients in the house. After making sure they were all clean, he prepared some hot soup, and put them on the table.

"Kiana, Eat this, you need to eat food that gives you a lot of nutrition."

When Sigurd said this, The little tuna expression brightened immediately, her love for food made her tunnel vision so much that she is able to ignore the chaos and blood around them.

Of course, it's only for a moment, just as Kiana started to devour the hot soup that Sigurd gave her, she finally noticed.

She looked at the corpses around her, blood was flowing all over the floor, and there were a few traces of blood splashes on the table, and even the plate in front of her had red blood stains on the side, making her start to felt suspicious about whatever there are human blood tainted her delicious soup.

Kiana (?.?): "..."

Noticing the way Kiana gazed at her plate with conflicted expression, Sigurd stopped eating the soup for a moment and then said.

"No need to worry, I have cleaned all of the plate carefully, there is no blood in it. Moreover, even if there is, it is not poisonous."

Sigurd glanced at the several corpses circling the table, and continued to drank his soup as if nothing had happened.