📌✩9

Now here you sat, in mom's office, your heart racing. Did you ruin everything? No. She doesn't know about Emma, Ray and Norman directly. You were the only one right now.. Well i guess she knew about Ray but you could direct the blame to yourself.

"Y/N, I'm going to ask you some questions, slowly, since you seem out of it.." Mom said as she walks closer to you

Your heart beat sped up no matter how many times you try to calm down.

"Okay." you spoke anxiously.

"Did you open the boxes?"

"No."

"Y/N.. Listen to me carefully." Mom crouches to your level since you're sitting in a chair, she cups your face with her hands,"Don't lie to me. It'll be way worse for you later." her eyes were dead it seems like, not a single emotion behind them.

Mom's hand slowly retracts her hand. She stood tall now, looming over you.

"I'll ask you again, did you open any of the boxes?"

"... "

"Y/N."

"Yes."

"How many?"

".. I don't know."

"Okay so enough.. I suspected you from the beginning.."

"For what?"

"Oh my Y/N, acting dumb will get you nowhere. There is no point.. My love."

You tense up. There was no way out of this.

"How did you get a hold of the key to the attic?"

"I stole it from your office.."

"Just you?"

"Obviously. Who else?"

"Hm.. Well as long as it was only you.. This isn't much of a set back but you do understand this has consequences, don't you?"

"... "

"Do you understand?" her tone was stern as well as cold.

"Yes, mother."

"I'll give you two choices since you're a smart girl." Mother pauses as if to build up suspense

"You become a mother. You'll live. It won't be pleasant but it's better than a flower to the heart but you'll survive.. Isn't that what you want?"

"What's the other option?"

"Shipment."

"..."

"You'll be the next to be shipped." Mother then put a hand on your shoulder, "I'll give you some time to decide. Come back to my office tonight once everyone is asleep."

She then sent you on your way. Before you knew it you were standing outside the door to her office. The door shut quietly behind you.

But now you had to decide.

📌✩

You had been thinking about it all day. You were exhausted, delusional and stressed. The whole day seems like a blur. It was already dinner. You didn't even notice how you had been staring at your food like an endless void.

Someone was speaking to you. At least you think someone was? Everything felt fuzzy. The lights even just lighting up the place felt fuzzy.

"Y/N!"

Yeah someone IS talking to you but who? They shook you.

"Hey." It was Ray, obviously, he sat right next to you.

Not to randomly explain the sitting situation in the house but since Ray is sat next to you, Emma and Norman are across the table but about four kids over. So they wouldn't be able to express concern or really tell how you were acting.

"Is Y/N okay?" one of your younger 'siblings' ask in concern

"She's fine, just tired." Ray responses for you.

Ray stands up from his chair. He walks to the side of your chair, he leans down slightly to whisper in your ear.

"I need you to stand up and walk out with me." he spoke

You nod slowly. Ray begins to move down the isle of seats. You follow after him after a moment. Attempting to not bump into any chairs in your drowsy state. You try to keep your eyes on following the raven haired boy.

Once you reach the end of the isle, the head of the dining table, mom speaks.

"Where are the two of you going?"

"Y/N doesn't feel good and I'm full so I'm taking her to rest in the infirmary for a moment." Ray answers quickly as if he had intended to be asked this question

"Alright, please make sure to take her properly up to bed when it's time." Mother smiles

"Rest well!" One of the kids yell from mom's left.

You smile at the kid before Ray latches his hand onto your wrist. He led you through the rest of the dining hall. He opens the double dark green door that connects the dining hall and the regular hallway. The door closes behind the two of you.

Ray did in fact take you to the infirmary. Silently closing that door behind you both as well. You sat on one of the beds for some reason you chose the middle one. All the infirmary beds look the same. They all have white curtains in between them to separate each other.

"Well? What did you do?" Ray demands

"Holy fuck that's your first question?" You mumble, "I didn't do anything."

"Yeah sure. Why did mom find you in the attic? Do I have to work around something?"

"No, that's not necessary."

"Why's that?"

"Because she already knew. She already knew about me! There was no point in lying.. She made it clear she knew I was as well."

"So what? You came clean?"

"I only admitted to reading the records.. And stealing the attic key..She just pieced the rest." you look at the comforter you were sitting on as if that would lower the tension in the room.

The boy groans in frustration. Ray sounded like he was going to say something but you beat him to speaking before he even got the chance.

"Listen, you have nothing to work around. I think.. I made my choice."

"What does that even mean?!"

"Ray," You look at him sadly since this was going to be scary for you as well. "I think you already know that answer to that."

"But she gave you a choice? Options, right? Whatever the other one is take it!"

"I can't. I'm sorry." you sigh even with that sigh feeling like a breath you had been holding in for centuries it still felt like you were drowning "and you can't tell Em or Nor!"

"But-"

"Promise me!" You urgently say,"please. They'll find out eventually it just can't be this soon."

"Fine. I won't tell them.. If you take the other option."

"Ray!"

"It's surviving isn't it?!"

"Not even! It's like I'd already be dead. I've made up my mind. Besides.. This means we will have some time regardless of when she sets the date."

"You haven't slept. You're delusional. Think this over."

"I'm perfectly sane. I'd make this choice anyway.."

The bell rung. It was time for bed. You stood up from the bed feeling a little dizzy, you took a deep breath to stabilize yourself. You step forward to Ray. He looks horrified at your decision as well as angry. You place a hand on his shoulder with a sympathetic smile.

"I'm sorry but thank you for keeping this between us. Good night, Ray." You say before disappearing out of the infirmary.

✩✎
I apologize for these not being very long at the moment but I'm trying to squeeze out ideas so this fic doesn't go dry for the time being