✎📌10

Found this draft
[]

It was late. Everyone was asleep as far as you were concerned. You only sat in your bed, keeping yourself awake. The snores and deep breathing of the other children made you believe it was safe. You slid off the bed. The floor boards emerge the sound of creaking under you. The sound made you cringe.

You made your way to the door, making one last check around the room to make sure everyone was asleep. Everyone seems to be passed out. You open the door as quietly as possible doing the same when closing it. The hall was dark but your eyes have gotten used to the dark. So luckily, it wasn't difficult to find your way around.

You ascend down the stairs finally reaching mother's office. Just as you were about to knock, you heard two voices talking. You knocked lightly anyway.

"You have one job. Keep it that way." Mother said muffled behind the door, it was all you could pick up on before she opens the door.

Mom moves out of the way to let you in. You see the raven hair boy sitting in a chair, his arms crossed as if he was frustrated. His eyes seem to avoid you completely.

"Am I interrupting?" you ask softly

"No, my dear.. Ray was just leaving." Mother said with a passive smile

"Right." Ray mumbles he said something else under his breath but you couldn't make it out.

Ray sluggishly left. He was boiling over yet trying to keep it not noticeable. You were starting to think more things were going wrong in his plan than intended..

Mother was very elegant in everything she did. Just how she walks over to desk was elegant you would never suspect her of anything.

"Shipment." you spoke

"Are you sure?" Mother asks

"Yes. Very."

"Then it's decided.. I am sorry things had to end this way. You may go." Mother said

That was unusually fast. You exit as quickly as possible. You look to your right, intending to head back upstairs, but there sat Ray. Was he waiting for you? You didn't really question it as you slid down the wall to sit next to him.

You rest your head on his shoulder in an act of comfort. You always did this when you were younger. You sat in silence. After a few moments you felt the weight of his head resting on yours to return the gesture. He was obviously tired. Psychically as well as mentally. You felt sorry for him. You just hoped that everything else would work out for him.

You could of said something along the line of;"oh it'll be okay." or "it'll get better." but for two reasons you didn't. One, it was a lie and two, the silence was enough comfort for the two of you. Saying anything would have probably turned it into some type of argument of 'why you would even choose to do that.'

You were guilty of dozing off. So there the two of you sat for most of the night. Probably with both of you wanting to cry or feeling the lump in your throats. The two of you both seem to doze off.. Being in each other's presence was enough.

✩✉✎