Chapter 10

Hunter's POV

By the time I made it to the packhouse I had run through over a dozen ideas for our second date.

Scrapping each one.

I need help.

With a sigh, I knocked on the door of the one person who I was hoping to avoid asking for dating advice.

As Anna opened the door, she took one look at my face before smirking.

"What do you need Hunter?"

"Zoey agreed to a second date tonight."

"And you have no idea what to do?"

With a reluctant nod, I agreed.

"Come in, I have so much to teach you."

My wolf and I both inwardly groaned as a devilish smile covered her face.

After two hours of back and forth, we had finally settled on a plan.

I just hope Zoey likes it.

For a while I tried to work, to pass the time until I could see her.

Re-reading every document, unable to focus on it.

Just as I was about to give up, the door opened and Conrad strode into my office, collapsing on my couch.

"You could knock."

"I could." He agreed.

With a shake of my head, I put the paperwork away. Turning my attention to him.

"What do you need Conrad?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering where you were last night. I didn't see you come home." He replied, smirking. "To think of it I haven't seen you in two days."

Waiting he eyed me up, eagerly awaiting the details.

"I spent the day begging Zoey to give me a second chance after she met my parents. Luckily, she did, and I spent the night at hers."

Conrad cheered before his eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait, what happened with your parents?"

With a groan I explained the events of the last two days.

As soon as I had finished, he started to laugh. His hand gripping his stomach as his laughter grew.

"So, this poor woman was just sitting there in her underwear as the parents of a one night stand ask her for grandchildren?"

When I nodded his laughter grew.

"Don't forget Annabelle asking why I hadn't bitten her yet."

He started gasping, unable to breathe and I couldn't help from laughing with him.

At the time I was furious and terrified she'd never talk to me again, but Zoey had forgiven me.

And as I look back on it now the absurdity of the entire thing did make me laugh.

Zoey's shocked expression as she ran out of the room in only my shirt and her panties.

"How on earth did you convince her to go on a second date?"

"Luck, I ran into her and Lucas at the park after I'd almost given up."

"Lucas?"

"Her son."

His eyes widened, processing the information I had given him.

"Son? Whoa, I'm sorry man. That's got to sting."