Chapter 9

Tw: Neglect, Emotional abuse

------------

A few hours later, Dream opened his eyes

A few hours later, Dream opened his eyes. He laid down for a bit, still trying to make sense of his surroundings.

He then lifted himself up, he looked at the window and saw that the sun was about to go down. His eyelids felt heavy, he was still sleepy.

He was confused to see Quackity wasn't beside him.

"Quackity?" Dream called out.

He looked around, seeing if Quackity could maybe be anywhere close. His head was hurting. He was beginning to remember things.

He wasn't really fully aware of the things that happened. He was still a little delirious, but he wasn't falling back into sleep anymore.

Dream dragged himself to the edge of the bed and he step foot onto the ground.

He hissed as he felt a small sting of pain. But the painkillers lessened the pain.

"That.. hurt.." Dream said, wincing as he put his weight to the side.

He had to be careful where he put his weight, so then he would be as little pain as possible.It was like a game of minesweeper.

He had to figure out which blocks are safe to step on to reduce as much pain as possible.

Dream then hobbled to the door, he was trying to put less pressure on his ankle. He had to slightly hop when he had to move his ankle, trying to avoid it making contact with the ground.

"Ow.." Dream winced again, wincing in pain as he hobbled over there. He was still incredibly exhausted, and he was struggling to walk.

He eventually got there, and was leaning on the door in order to open it. His arm wasn't doing him any favors either, but the leg was definitely the primary hurt here.

He clasped his shaky fingers onto the doorknob, he tried opening it

It was a bit tricky, but it did end up opening. Dream was in great pain, he just wanted to rest. But he was curious, and he wanted to see what's going on outside his room.

He peeked his head out the door, still somewhat struggling not to close his eyes. The lights were a bit bright for his eyes.

Dream scanned the hallway, he didnt know where to go since he was too busy on his hurt ankle back then and he didnt have time to observe his surroundings.

He sighed, he might as well find Quackity himself...

He limped away from the door, forgetting to close it. He walked around in a random direction, trying to navigate his way around the building.

Dream eventually figured out his way, not really wanting to do anything but to find Quackity. His eyes were shut most of the time as he hobbled along, he was in so much pain.