02 || halfsies

halfsies
●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

starring chris sturniolo & elle o'reily

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*:.*:..*:...。 ❀/|\❀ 。..:*..:*..:*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

✧*̥˚ 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 *̥˚✧
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯
❛ i wanna see you shine like the gem that you are, want you be so secure that they see from afar ❜

.・。.・゜✭・.

𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 weeks into school and everyone had been settling in nicely. schedules and locker combinations were memorized and the workload wasn't too bad. chris walked into his english class, taking his seat in the fourth row. the week prior, they had a check in about their summer reading in which they had to write a review with details. 

the teacher began to pass them to the front rows and for the front rows to pass them back. elle turned her body slightly and laid chris' paper on the desk. this was strange. chris smiled at her and she raised and lowered her eyebrows as a response. "hey, are you okay?" he asked. she mumbled a quiet 'yes' and faced forward again.

she chewed the gum quietly as she looked at her paper. 'did you even read? 60%' it said in red ink on the top of the page. this was her first D, let alone her first grade lower than a 75. that bar was set due to her 9th grade algebra teacher who took a few points off because she didn't show enough work. other than that one C on a test, elle has been an amazing student and a pleasure to have in the classroom. 

she slumped a little in her chair, this was the least of her worries. there were definitely some who did worse but it didn't matter to her. this was just an addition to her current situation which she didn't need. 

her bubbly personality had become more reserved, she didn't smile as often to herself or to others, and she was more quiet in classes than usual. "elle, could you explain what this student could have done better for their review?" the teacher asked her. the point of the assignment was not only to check on whether or not the student were reading but also to see their writing style. 

"um..." she quickly scanned the example passage. "i don't know, maybe less... i'm not sure," she said. the teacher made a surprised face and moved onto the next student. 

the class continued for another half an hour until the bell rang dismissing them for the day. due to their rotating schedule, they had english last today and will have it first tomorrow. elle quickly grabbed her things and went out the room sooner than usual. 

there's been a lot going on in her life. more responsibilities that she's had to pick up, more things she now has to do, and more reasons for her to get a job. she worked the late shift at a local gas station but that requires her to do all her homework before, bring her sister home and hopefully get a sweet 580 dollars a week. it wasn't much but it was enough for her and lora to get by.

chris followed after her, taking a little more time to pack up. by the time he was done, she was long gone. madi waited outside his classroom this time and they walked to the student parking lot together. he had been wondering what was going on with her, since she wasn't as cheerful as usual. when the one non depressed person in the school becomes depressed, it shows. 

"what are you thinking about?" madi asked as she climbed into the back seat. nick and matt had joined the two of them by the time they arrived at the van. 

"nothing, just that elle girl," he explained.

"what, you think she's cuteeee?" matt teased.

"she's attractive yeah, but that's not what i mean. something's off with her," 

"yeah there is, i don't know how someone is just that good at chemistry," nick scoffed, jokingly.

chris sighed. "okay, she's wicked smart but like... she's not as talkative and such. she just looks sad sometimes," he shrugged.

"chris, don't worry about it. it's probably the fact that we're in school kicking in. but it's sweet you care," madi reassured. 

he shrugged again and plugged in his phone for the aux cord, pressing shuffle as the car finally got some energy into it.

.ೃ࿐ sophina's corner *ೃ༄

hi everyone ☺︎

i hope you've enjoyed the past two chapters
i'm again very excited for this book
and i hope it doesn't come off as too 
cringey or anything LMFAOAO

mwah mwah, see you in chapter three babes ✦

∘∘♡∘∘