16 || halfsies

halfsies

●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

starring chris sturniolo & elle o'reily

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*:.*:..*:...。 ❀/|\❀ 。..:*..:*..:*Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

✧*̥˚ 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 *̥˚✧
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

 anywhere, i would've followed you, say something, i'm giving up on you 

.・。.・゜✭・.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 hours past sooner than later and before they knew it, it was 4 am. elle was still asleep while chris had woken up moments ago. the eerie feeling of the hospital creeping up on him. he went to get up but realized he'd wake her, and so he grabbed his phone to check the time. squinting his eyes, he checked her heart monitor as well to make sure there was nothing to be alarmed by.

elle woke up sooner than later to find him already awake and looking at the ceiling by this point, contemplating if he should go back to sleep. "good morning," she mumbled, rustling with the blanket. 

"hey sleepy," he whispered. 

"what time is it?" she asked. 

"four am, we slept for a few hours," 

she wiped her eyes out of exhaustion and sat up if there was even any movement outside of the room. she laid back down and faced the window, seeing that outside was still pitch black. "i kept waking up and falling back asleep. i'm too nervous something's going to happen and i'll miss it,"

chris sighed, not really knowing what to say in this situation. all he did was remind her that she'll be okay which is really all he could come up with. she moved off of him to let him out the room for a moment to stretch his legs since it seemed they weren't going back to sleep. elle approached her mom's bed again.

"okay, yea, i like him," she scoffed. "a little, not too much," she smiled. "it's weird because he was really sweet really fast and i didn't know if it was genuine," 

"i'm sorry for pulling away from your second daughter, alice," she chuckled. "we're back though. and she really wants you to wake up and prove the doctors wrong but i told her that shit only happens in like grey's anatomy," she knew she was being rather cynical but she also had the gut feeling to just accept what was coming. 

"and i also am sorry for ever snapping at you or being disrespectful over really stupid stuff. especially because now that i'm doing everything you did for us i realize how hard it is. and i'm sorry," she started crying a little, knowing a piece of her mom's world before everything happened. knowing that her attitude from time to time hurt her since she was trying her best. 

"and i forgive you for yelling at me when i was rude because lora's just like me and i know when i get upset with her i don't mean it," she continued. "we got a lot closer over the past year and a half but you already knew that. just because she's a little younger doesn't mean i can't hang out with her i guess," 

"she really likes him too. she says she likes my new friends more than the soccer team which i now see why," elle chuckled. "this is really depressing but i'm serious. i love you a lot and this isn't me trying to get rid of it all but i wanted you to hear it in case you don't come back..." she trailed off and wiped her cheek. 

"i love you. i know things are hurting, you can- i just really love you," she whispered. as soon as she said her final i love you, things around her mom started beeping. the doctors instructed elle to push the blue button in case that happened and the words code blue began sounding through the floor. elle started crying because she knew there wasn't much the doctors could do. 

they rushed into the hospital room, shouting orders at each other, bringing in scary medical equipment and barking out numbers. elle was tremendously in the way but she shouted several questions. "what's happening!? talk to me please! why is it happening now you said a few days!" she yelled. the doctors told a nurse to get elle out the room. 

right in time as if on cue, chris ran in, hearing the commotion. "i said get her out!" one of them yelled. a nurse had already tried to ask elle to leave but she was hysteric. chris came from behind her and turned her so she faced him. she embraced his figure crying into his shoulder, trying to see what was happening. "charge to 150, clear!" they yelled. 

chris tilted her head towards his chest and walked her out the room, still holding on to her. a variety of numbers are shouted out as they desperately try to keep her with them. elle hears every time the machine is charged and every time her mother's body rises and falls again due to the shock. nothing was working. 

her mom's body began to turn paler and paler compared to what it already was. some of the tubes getting loose due to the amount of movement on her body. as elle's mother's condition declined the room began to get silent. 

it was hard to keep someone alive, granted. however even the doctors had the pain and guilt of not being able to save her mother. elle and chris heard one of them hit the cart with what they assumed was their hand or some other metal object. they were angry. 

a resident came up to them who was on her mother's case and tried to look elle in the eyes. her mother had flatlined. 

"ms. o'riley, i'm so sorry for your loss," the resident said as she also teared up. "we tried to save her but her organs had started shutting down earlier today," she concluded with another apology.

elle never stopped crying. she called madi tearfully to get lora down to the hospital and madi of course agreed. 

elle kept crying.

chris could only hold onto her as elle cried on his shoulder. "i got you, i promise," he whispered as he kissed her forehead. "you're safe. i got you,"

.ೃ࿐ sophina's corner *ೃ༄

hi everyone ☺︎

ugh i lowkey hate this 

mwah mwah, see you in chapter seventeen babes ✦

∘∘♡∘∘