2

It had been years since a strawberry blonde haired 7 year old was given ownership of a once petite brown furred maine coon kitten.

Over the years, the cat had gained white patches on her paws and chest fur, her whiskers were quite long and always gave whoever they came into contact with a shock. A 45-inched cat stretched over the household and the cats personality was always kind and sweet. She wouldn't harm a fly, unless it got too close to her and it made her uncomfortable.

The cat had claimed territory over the entirety of the house throughout its life there and hated new people entering her domain. It belonged to her and new people were not allowed into her palace.

It had been 3 years of being without William, her saviour, and she always hated the fact he never came home. She went out looking for him ever since but nevr found the man ever again and just thought that he would come back eventually.

Chloe on the other hand, she hit numerous phases. The once happy 14 year old who enjoyed science, loved being social and always sung to country music changed into someone else.

The happy girl had changed and Max had no idea how to make her best friend happy again. Ever since William left, she spent most of her time with Chloe and stayed in her room instead of going outside. She only went outside to try and find William but gave up after a few hours.

---------------------

"Why can't you just get off my back!" Chloe roared at the newer man in the household, she hated the man. He was replacing her father and she hated that her own mother decided to move on and replace her husband.

"Where the hell were you then?! Do I have to keep a tracker on you or someshit?!" David demanded back,

The arguing went on for a few minutes and Joyce had enough, "Please,shut up! Both of you! You're scarin Max!"

A large cat was lowering her ears at the sight of the arguing and wanted to leave the room but didn't want to leave Chloe, "You need to get rid of that devil's spawn then." David commented,

This made Joyce snap back, "You do not call my daughter's beloved cat that. She was a gift from her father, you do not have the right to say that David!"

"Go mom..." Chloe muttered and walked out of the hallway to pick up Max, "C'mere Max... Lets get away from all this shitty drama"

"Where the fuck do you think you're going missy?!" David shouted again,
"My bedroom dumbass! Where else would I go?"

The girl opened her door and closed it behind her once entered. Chloe sighed and walked over to her bed to put Max down.

"Meew?" Max cooed, she didn't want Chloe to let go of her
"Max not now"

Max was put on the bed and she just layed out all over it in annoyance, 'If she won't hold me now, she better do it before I sleep like this. She hates it when I do this' the smug cat thought and commited her task or annoying the hell out of Chloe.

Her plans were caught short when the cat saw that her best friend was on the floor, heartbeats were quickened, sniffles were heard and fists were slammed shut. Max knew what was about to happen. The girl's body was closed up, her body was up against the closet, her arms were over her knees and her forhead was laying ontop of her hands.

Chloe thought about what Joyce said briefly about William giving her Max. It was one of her happiest memories with her father...

Tears came out of the punk's eyes and sobs escaped.

Max immedietly came over and meowed to try and get Chloe's attention. It didn't work, the cat thought of something better and decided to slide through Chloe's legs.