4

"Kitty-Max be careful. You're bigger now and I don't want you to fall" Chloe sighed as she entered the kitchen herself and opened the fridge to find something to cook.

Max was kicking her feet up and down on the counter, just experimenting her new limbs and being curious with them.

"Can you eat human food?" Chloe asked and looked over towards Max, the girl looked at Chloe and tilted her head in confusion

"Mew?" She replied with and Chloe mentally slapped herself, 'she can't talk properly dumbass'

"Uh... Let's try it out..." Gulped Chloe, hopefully cooking something a human would have for Max would be eatable.

A few plates and bowls left the cuboards and were placed on the other counters that Max hadn't sat on and Chloe began making pancakes.

Max sneezed a bit as Chloe made a puff of flour go her way, "Max- You good?" Chloe giggled and saw that the girl was holding her nose in attempt to stop the noises coming out.

The girl hissed and shook her clawless hand at Chloe in a huff.

"Awe Mawy, Its alright."

Pancakes made. Nosh eaten. And Max had to be taught how to use a knife and fork but was whining the whole time, Chloe could just imagine what she was saying and laughed the whole time.

In annoyance, Max just ate whatever left on her plate with her hands and grinned in pride afterwards. Syrup was over her face and she tried licking it off with her tongue but it could'nt reach.

"I'll get you something called a 'tissue' Max"

"Tissssss...?"

"Yeh, tissue." Chloe got up and found some kitchen roll to give Max.

"Tissshhueee" Max said and smiled at her ability to say the word,

"Eh... We'll work on that"

Chloe began wiping Max's sticky face and of course the girl was annoyed at Chloe for being in her personal space and was whining in annoyance.

"Don't give me that face"

Max began giving Chloe her mopey eyes; the eyes cat-Max uses when she wants something,

"I need to clean you"

"Nooooo" Max said and tried to get up but Chloe held her by the collar, "NoOoooo" Max said once more and Chloe smirked.

"Not getting away that quickly kitty-Max"

Max rolled her eyes and hissed.

"No hissing Missy"

"Mmmisssyy?"

"I really need to teach you how to talk don't I" Chloe huffed and let go of Max.

At the corner of her eye, Max saw a bird on the windowsill which was open. A smile went across her face and she shrunk into her cat-self, she leapt towards the bird and captured it in her mouth.

"Oh shit- Max! That poor bird..."

Chloe noticed that the clothes she was wearing had been placed where she shrunk, she then learnt that whenever Max switches between forms, she shrinks, not get larger so no damaged clothes.

Smiling in happined, Max walked up to Chloe and dropped the bird onto the floor infront of her.

"Meeww" Max said and nuzzeled herself up to Chloe, hoping to get rewarded for her gift to Chloe.

The expression Chloe gave Max wasn't disgust, but wasn't happiness either. 'Maybe she doesn't understand?' cat Max thought, 'Maybe no cat me will make her understand?'