3

A week had past since David leaving completely and the three still at the house felt like a family once more. Joyce's heart melted at the sight of Chloe finally helping out around the house and not smelling so much like alcohol.

Smiles and laughs were in the house once again and this made them happy.

Max had been given more special treatment then usual, Joyce gave her more food and attention whilst Chloe took Max outside more just in case Max were ever lost somehow. She'd always know where home was.

Today was a Wednesday, 'hump' day some say, and it was going to be the day Chloe and Rachel were breakingup. Chloe had a revelation after seeing David collect his items for the last time and decided that being with Rachel would end up in a situation like that. She knew that her mom was desperate for love, and so was she.

"Max... I needa go" Chloe sighed as she stroked a stretched out cat who whined in response, "I know kitty-max..." She giggled as she placed the cat onto the sofa as she got up.

The cat had gotten used to spending nearly all her time with Chloe and had gained a strong seperation anxiety problem if they weren't together.

"Meooowwww" Max said and tried to get Chloe to pick her up again but the punk shook her head and booped the cat's nose.

"I love you Maxy, now you stay here. Joyce will be back soon to feed ya okay?"

Max whined once more and Chloe giggled while stroking behind Max's ear to try and calm her.

"Bye bye" Chloe said and walked out of the door.

---------------------

"Anyone home?" Chloe said as she knocked and pressed the bell on the atorney's house, 'Someone is always home... Is Rose not here or something?' she thought,

Sighing in defeat, Chloe was about to pull out her phone to call Rachel but was stopped as a door behind her opened.

"Chloe? What are you doing here?" A blonde haired girl asked,

"Woah- Rache?" Chloe saw her 'girlfriend' who looked like a mess. Unmatching clothes that seemed to be rushed on and smeered makeup

"Of for fuck sake he's here isn't he?" Chloe asked with an aunamused tone,

"Yeah... I'm sorry Chloe... I wish-"
"I came here to say we're over."

"W-what?"
"You heard me. I don't like liers or cheaters Rache. I know I can get better. Sorry I never satisfied you"

Chloe pulled her middle finger out and went into her truck, Rachel quickly went over to her and tried to stop her from leaving.

"Chloe. Seriously, I do wish we couldv'e worked. I do love you, just... Not that way anymore."
"It's cool, it was a good run I guess"

"I do hope we can stay friends at least, you're still a great person and I know that you'll find someone perfect for you"

"Maybe... Bye Rachel, seya soon" Chloe ended with and drove towards her house. The drive from Rachel's house towards her own was a 30 minute drive, it was in a forest area on the complete other side of the town with a love for traffic jams.

---------------------

Joyce entered the house to see an anxious cat repeatedly biting on the end of the sofa she was placed on by Chloe, the waitress sighed and locked the front door. She picked up a couple small treats for Max and hoped to feed them to her.

"Max, c'mere girl" Joyce said softly and carefully picked up the cat to put her on her lap.

The cat whined and meowed, nearly sounding like crying. "Oh Max.. You really love Chloe don't ya" Joyce smiled and gave Max a small treat which she enjoyed a lot.