1.| project

this story takes place prior to Kaveh's graduation.

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗪, darting your eyes left and right

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗢𝗪, darting your eyes left and right. Carefully closing the blinds, you made sure they fully covered the glass. You then sat on the stool that was nearby. There was a large object, covered by a thick gray tablecloth. You took the tablecloth off, uncovering a piano. You'd spent all your savings on it since music had been a long-time passion of yours, very unlike the typical Akademiya scholar.

Though you had to play it in secret— the Akademiya folks didn't digest musical performances very well. You turned it on and started playing, you'd been practicing this piece for weeks.

While you were still playing, an alarm went off. "Huh? Oh.. five minutes until class." you groaned as you turned it off. You carefully covered the piano and locked the door as you left.

Your home was on the Akademiya campus, so it was pretty dead around there. Well, it was full of sleep-deprived students, who only had work-related social interactions. But, there was one resident that stood out from the rest. Kaveh. You didn't know him that well but he seemed pretty lively. He was a part of Kshahrewar, you were as well. There was no one else at the Akademiya like him.

"Kaveh, we're going to be late."

"Just wait for a second! Archons.. you're so impatient.."

"It's not me that's impatient. You're just slow."

You looked over and saw Alhaitham, waiting for Kaveh. You couldn't help but smile at the sight, it's not often that the campus is this awake, even if it was just two students talking. Kaveh finally walked out the door, greeted by Alhaitham's subtle glare. "Come on.", Alhaitham said firmly. "Yeah, yeah. Loosen up a bit Haitham!" As you watched them leave, you realized you were going to be late as well.

"Oh, shoot!"

You rushed to class, making it just in time. There weren't many empty seats left, but you managed to snag one in the back. You sat down, not realizing who was next to you.

"Since the end of the semester is approaching, we will have a final assignment.", The professor announced. "It will be a group project on architectural design." A group project?!  You thought to yourself, with a sour look on your face.

One of your strengths was coming up with your own ideas, so all your individual work was made up of mostly your original ideas. But the other students tended to strictly follow the instructions, which you found quite boring. So, every time you suggested an idea in a group project— it would get rejected, no matter how good it was. So you weren't too thrilled about this.

"Your partner will be the person sitting next to you."

You rolled your eyes and looked to your right-hand side. A familiar pair of ruby-red eyes stared back.