3. | broke

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗔𝗥 𝗩𝗢𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗔𝗦 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗗 𝗔 𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗜𝗔𝗥 𝗩𝗢𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗔𝗦 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗. "Kaveh..?", you said through hiccups. "Y/N, what are you doing here? ..How much have you drank?"

"Not enough..", you mumbled. You tried to pour yourself another glass but was quickly stopped by Kaveh. "Is this the classmate you were talking about?", Alhaitham asked. "Ah.. yes.", Kaveh replied. He looked back over to you. "Y/N, are you able to stand?"

"I.. don't know..", you said slurring your words. You tried getting up, but you felt your knees go weak. Kaveh put his arm around your shoulders.

"Well, I can't just leave you here..", Kaveh let out a sigh. "I'll take you home."

"Hm, then I don't see a reason for me to stay here. See ya." Alhaitham walked off before Kaveh could say anything.

"Haitham, wai— ah.. never mind..", Kaveh turned his attention to you. "Are you able to lead the way to your house?", he asked. "I.. love that song..", you were too drunk to function.

"Okay then.. I'll just take you back to my house." Kaveh picked you up, putting you on his back. You wrapped your arms around his neck. "What about.. hic.. paying for my drinks?", you asked.

"Oh, that. I'll.. do it for you.", he almost looked like he was in pain when he said that. He put you down, and paid for everything you drank.

"Looks like your not the only one with an empty wallet now..", he put on a pained smile. "Sorry.. I'm rambling aren't I?" He picked you up again. "Let's get you to my house."

-

You and Kaveh were now a distance from the tavern. He was still carrying you on his back. You looked more closely at his face and started talking without thinking. "Kaveh, did you know that you're.. so pretty?"

"Wha-- h..huh?!" he looked back at you, shocked. "Yeah, you're pretty. Why are you so.. hic.. surprised?" "I..", he sighed. "You don't know what you're saying.."

"Huh? What do.. hic.. you mean?", you were still slurring your words. "O..oh-- would you look at that..! It's getting pretty dark, let's hurry." By the time Kaveh brought you to his house, you were already passed out.

"Y/N, we're here.. ah." Kaveh noticed you were asleep. He shifted his hold on you so he could open the door, and bring you inside.

-

You shielded your eyes from the sunlight that was coming through the windows. They were slightly open, and a light breeze crept in. You looked around, and the room looked foreign to you.

"..Huh? Where am I?", you said in a tired voice. Kaveh was passing by the door, and saw that you were awake.

"Ah, you're awake.", he said with a smile. "How's your head?" You suddenly noticed the sharp pain that was going through your head. "Ugh.." you placed a hand on your forehead. "Not so great.."

Kaveh handed you a cup. "Tea, it'll help with your hangover." You took the cup from him, "Thank you Kaveh.. you must be a blessing from Lord Rukkhadevata.. wait. Hangover? Did I really drink that much?", you asked. Kaveh let out a small laugh.

"Yeah.. you almost drank more than I usually do." You felt your face heat up. "So.. so you must've brought me here! Did you pay for my drinks as well?", you frantically looked for your wallet. "I.. I have to pay you back."

Kaveh got your attention by putting a hand on your shoulder. "It's fine! There's really no need."

"But.. you went to all this trouble and took me to your house! I couldn't possibly not pay you back." He shook his head. "I insist." You backed down with a sigh.

"Well.. if you say so. But I'll pay you back somehow! I'll take you out for drinks next time." He laughed again. "Alright then." Something else came to your mind. "Last night, I didn't do anything embarrassing.. did I?"

Kaveh thought back to your rather.. blunt compliment. "Oh, um.. no. You didn't do anything." You let out a sigh of relief.

"Good to know.. I tend to lose my filter whenever I get drunk..", you were interrupted by your throbbing headache. "Ah, ugh.." you drank the tea Kaveh gave you.

"Oh, this is.. really good! Did you make this?", you took another sip. "I did. Is it really that good?"

"Yeah, it is!", you paused and looked around the room. Everything was neatly organized and placed. There wasn't a speck of dust in sight.

"I didn't see this part of your house last time I came here. How do you manage to keep your entire house this clean?", you asked.

"Aha.. I can't function properly in a place that isn't organized. I've lost count of how many times I've went to a messy house for a project, and couldn't concentrate.."

You thought back to the excuse you made when you and Kaveh were deciding who's house to go to, and winced. Not the best impression..

"Haha.. yeah. Most Akademiya scholars couldn't care less about being orderly.", you said nervously. Anyways, I should go now. I've bothered you enough. Thanks for looking after me after I got wasted.."

"Oh, it wasn't a problem! Are you sure you're feeling alright?", he asked. "I'm feeling fine now.. thanks for the tea."

"Anytime. Come, I'll lead you to the door."

-

You thanked Kaveh again and left. Once you got home you face planted on your bed. "Ugh.. how embarrassing. I got drunk and he had to drag me to his house!"

While you were contemplating your life, you saw the empty space on the corner. The place where your piano used to be.

"Right.. I don't have my piano anymore." Just thinking about how the Akademiya had your piano made your blood boil. "You know what? I'll get it back. One way or another."

You abruptly got up from your bed. "I don't care what they do, I'm not scared of some middle aged, sleep deprived, sages!"

You fell back on your bed. Your head was still throbbing. "But.. maybe I should get some sleep first.."

"