4. | hair pin

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗪𝗢𝗞𝗘 𝗨𝗣, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗘𝗧

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗪𝗢𝗞𝗘 𝗨𝗣, 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗨𝗡 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗟𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗬 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗘𝗧. "Ah.. ugh.. what time is it?", you looked at your clock. It was almost 6 PM.

"Hmm? Was there anything I had to do today..?", your mind was still a bit hazy from your hangover. You were about to go back to sleep until you finally realized.

"Right! My piano.. how could I forget?", you leaned your back against the headboard.

You tapped your finger against your chin while you thought of what to do. "Hm.. maybe I could go to Lisa. She always knows what to do."

You drowsily got up from your bed and made your way to Lisa's house. It wasn't close to your own house, so it was nearly 7 when you finally reached her door.

"Please be home..", you mumbled as you knocked. You heard the lock click. Lisa was leaning against the door frame, wearing a satin nightgown.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, cutie?~" Usually you would be busy getting flustered, but you had something to do. "Hey Lisa.. So y'know my piano? They um.. kind of, sort of.. took it."

Lisa let out an exaggerated gasp and covered her mouth. "Oh no, cutie! What a shame." You stayed silent for a few seconds before speaking up. "You knew this would happen, didn't you?"

"Aw, you saw right through me. But don't worry darling, I can help." A wave of relief washed over you. "I knew you were the right person to come to! So, what do I do to get my piano back?", you asked eagerly.

"The Akademiya keeps all confiscated items in a room, which is hidden in the library. But.. the security is high, so you'll have to be careful.~"

"Ah.. what did I expect. This won't be easy..", you could only imagine what would happen if you got caught.

"Don't worry darling, I'm sure you can do it! After all, you're my little cutie~". This woman knew exactly how to make you a blushing mess. "Lisaaa..", you said while sighing. You cleared your throat and continued.

"Anyways.. how do you know all this?" It was kind of scary how much Lisa knew. "I have my ways~" she smirked ominously. "Okay.. that's not scary at all."

"Hehe.. Oh, one more thing.", she pulled something out from her chestnut hair and put it in your hand. You were quite puzzled by what she gave you. "A.. hairpin?"

"Believe me~ it'll come in handy.", she eyed your outfit. "Hm.. cutie, why are you still wearing your scholar uniform? It's the weekend."

You looked down, confused. You were indeed wearing your Akademiya uniform.

"O..oh. I.. didn't realize.", you never got the chance to change out of your uniform.

Lisa let out a soft laugh. "Well, good luck on getting your piano back!~", you thanked her and started heading home.

The first thing you did when you got home was take a shower.

Now that you were in more suitable clothes, you started forming a plan. "Hm.. tomorrow is still the weekend, so the library would be less busy."

"I can't go during the night.. there's too many students later in the day." Eventually you decided on going to the library tomorrow, early in the morning.

-

It wasn't easy getting up at 4 in the morning. You'd already delayed your alarm 5 times at that point. The alarm rang one final time.

"Nooo... 5 more minutes..", you were about to stop the alarm until you saw the time. "It's already 5?!"

You got up from bed so fast you nearly fell down. You quickly got ready, putting on your uniform and rushing out the door. You were walking to the library, until you saw a familiar face.

"Oh, hi Y/N!" it was Kaveh, doing some garden work near his house. "Good morning, Kaveh.", you greeted back. "You're in your Akademiya uniform, are you going to the library?"

"Oh, haha yeah..", you responded nervously. "What are you studying?", he asked while standing up.

"I can tell Kaveh.. right?", you thought. "Actually.. I'm not going to study."

"Hm? Then what are you going to the library for?" You hesitated a bit before responding. "You know how I told you I was into music? Well.. I actually had a piano. And.. the Akademiya took it during inspections."

"What?! They just took it from you? How cruel..", Kaveh had a hint of anger in his eyes. "Unfortunately.. but I'm going to get it back."

"Let me help you.", Kaveh said. "There's no need! You've helped me enough.", you quickly declined.

"But I want to. I hate how the Akademiya thinks they have full control over their students! Also.. wouldn't you need help bringing it back to your house?"

"Oh.. I didn't think of that. Well then, you can help me. Thank you, Kaveh."

-

Kaveh got changed into his uniform, and the two of you quickly made your way the the Akademiya's library. The students there either arrived early, or were at the library since last night.

"Let's try to blend in.", you whispered to Kaveh. He silently mouthed an 'ok'. You were trying to look for the door to the room of confiscated items, when a question came to mind. "Hey, Kaveh.." he looked over to you. "Hm, yes?"

"Did your instruments get confiscated as well?", you asked. "Luckily, they didn't. A friend of mine kept them in his house while they were inspecting mine."

"Oh, that's smart.. who was your friend?" you asked. "Alhaitham, from Haravatat." he responded.

You weren't that surprised, you always saw them together after all. "Ah, I've seen him around. I'm kind of curious.. what's he like?"

"Well, he's.. something alright. Don't get me wrong! We're good friends, but I swear.. it's like he's in love with his books."

You did recall always seeing a book in his hand, and silently laughed at the thought.

You and Kaveh continued chatting away until you saw more students come in. He noticed it too.

"Ah.. maybe we should get back on track." You nodded in agreement. "So, what's the plan?", he asked.

You analyzed the door, and its surroundings. It was hidden by a bookshelf, so it would be easy to hide from the other students.

"Here's what I came up with.."