2. | comfortable

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗞𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗛 𝗔𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗗𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗞𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗛 𝗔𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗗𝗨𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚. You stood in front of his door and knocked. There were vibrant Sumeru Roses planted by the windowsill. "Ah— just a moment!", a muffled voice called out. A few seconds passed, and you saw a head peek through the door. "Hello, Y/N."

You shifted the blueprints in your hand into a more comfortable position. "Hi, Kaveh." You walked into his home as he gestured for you to come inside. His house was adorned with many decorations, that fit well together.

"Looks like you know a thing or two about decor.", you said with a smile. "Ah really?— Thank you." Kaveh replied. He was surprised since no one ever commented on his aesthetic efforts. "No problem. Let's start on the project, shall we?" "Let's."

As you and Kaveh worked, you two hit it off almost immediately. You never ran out of topics to talk about. Normally, working with your classmates would be full of awkward silence. But with Kaveh, you could rant to him, and talk about interesting topics, like the arts. You'd never felt this comfortable with anyone.

"You know, I'm quite into music." You told him. His eyes visibly lit up at your statement. "Really?! Ahem, I'm.. somewhat of a musician myself.", He replied pridefully. "Oh? Now I'm intrigued, what instruments do you play?", you asked. "Ah, the Dutar. I'm also learning the Lute, from Mondstadt!" He seemed genuinely excited to talk about his interests. The thought made you smile.

"I play the piano, myself.", you beamed. "Ah, the piano is a beautiful instrument!" The two of you continued talking while you worked until you looked out the window. The moon shone brightly, in the middle of the night sky. The room was dark, illuminated by a single lamp on Kaveh's desk. "It's pretty late.. I should get going."

"Ah, alright. Do you want to continue tomorrow?", Kaveh asked. "Sounds good!" You said your goodbyes and made your way back home.

-

The next day, you were walking along the Akademiya campus until you spotted someone. It was Lisa, a friend of yours. You didn't get to see her very often since she was in a different Darshan than yours. She waved to you as you walked over. "I missed you, cutie.", she smirked. You felt your face grow hot. "D..Do you have to call me that..?" She simply laughed at your question, knowing you get embarrassed easily. "How have you been?", you asked.

"Ah.. you know, the usual. They've been bombarding us with work.." Lisa clapped her hands together. "But enough of that, I want to know what my little cutie's been up to." You grew even more red. "L-Lisa..", you breathed out. She laughed again. "Oh, I almost forgot. I think there's something you should know..", Lisa said.

"Huh, what is it?" She walked closer to you and whispered into your ear. "You should watch out for your little piano..~ The Akademiya is doing an inspection of every house on campus." "Wha- what? Why?"

"They want to maintain order.. or something like that." You stared up at her, defeated, as she stepped back. "So.. they might take my piano..?", you asked. She nodded solemnly. "No.. no. I won't let them take it! I spent too much money on that thing!" You were filled with determination. Lisa chuckled at your sudden change in demeanor.

"I have to go, bye Lisa!" you frantically headed to your house. "Good luck cutie!..~"

-

You fumbled with your keys and missed the keyhole a couple of times. Once you got inside you panted heavily, since you ran all the way to your house. "Okay.. what to do.. what to do?" While you were busy thinking of how to save your piano, someone knocked on your door. "Are they here already!?" You checked the window, and it was indeed the inspector.

There wasn't much you could do at this point, but you still had one more idea. Lock the door to your piano room and hope for the best. As you were locking the door, you heard another knock. "Coming..!", you said in a slightly irritated tone. You composed yourself and opened the door. "Do you need anything?", you put on a forced smile.

"We need to inspect your house.", the inspector said blankly. "Wow, blunt much?", you thought. "Of course! Of course..", you let him come inside. He shot you a glance while he walked you inside. "Am I really that suspicious?.." You smiled nervously as you watched him search your house.  It was all going well until he reached the locked door. "I'm going to need you to unlock this door.'

"Yeesh.. why so serious?"

"Oh, that..? There's nothing in there.. haha.. you don't need to worry about it!", you sweatdropped. "We are required to check every room during an inspection. Please unlock the door or I will have to report you." You winced at his monotone voice. He was like the embodiment of "Terms and Conditions."

"B..but.. surely this is a breach of privacy!..", you trailed off as he shot you a glare. You sighed, "Okay..", you unlocked the door. You silently prayed he wouldn't check under the grey cloth. The next thing he did? Check under the grey cloth. Your eyes widened in horror as he slowly lifted it up. "Wait-!" you shouted in protest. But it was too late, your piano was completely exposed.

Your mind was immediately filled with all the consequences you would have to face. Anyone who was around you could've felt the despair radiating from you. "Are you aware that having this in your home is against the Akademiya rules?" he asked in a condescending tone. "Y..yes.."

  "And that you will have to face the consequences?"

  "..Yes." You sounded like if your current mood was a music piece, it would be a piano smash.

"I'm afraid I'll have to report this to the Akademiya." You knew for a fact he wasn't 'afraid'. But it's okay! As long as he doesn't take your pia- "And we will have to confiscate your piano." Oh.

-

"Come on Alhaitham.. why don't you loosen up a little?"

  "I would much rather be finishing my book at home."

The two lively Akademiya scholars walked into Lambad's Tavern, Alhaitham reading his book as always. As Kaveh continued nagging him, they heard a disheartened voice in the distance. "My.. hic.. money..", you were bawling drunkenly while sulking by the counter. You turned around as you felt something tap your shoulder.

"Y/N..?"

?"