The New Life

Hello guys, I hope you all are fine and in the best of health, so here is the new chapter.

The room was filled with the voices of girls, talking about makeup, household chores, and marriage

The room was filled with the voices of girls, talking about makeup, household chores, and marriage. They all were giggling about their fiance and crushes. Some of them belonging to rich families were already engaged. Krishnaa sat there alone looking outside the windows as she was shot by judgemental looks from others. She was frustrated by everything. Her new family members were more than enough but this school was another form of torture for her. Anyone could see how low-maintained it was. The rooms were white or the paint was peeling off. The fans were barely working and the blackboard looked as if no one had washed it for months. Everything was just like the second tattered and old second-hand books of her and her note copy was made up of those unused papers stitched together. She can't believe that it is where her life has come to. From a topper of a high-class school to a student of a school like this. She looked around and found her cousin's sister shooting her angry gaze. She hates her to the core and Krishnaa wonders why as it should have been the way around.

Soon the teacher came and everyone went back to their seats Krishnaa let out a sigh of relief. She took out her books fast and looked at the teacher eagerly only to be thoroughly disappointed. Her mam had indirectly stated that she was not interested to be one. She was not enthusiastic about teaching and rather read out line by line. She was wrong many times and finally, Krishnaa snapped and said politely that she was wrong. But looks like her teacher didn't want that. She was shooting arrows through her eyes.

"And who are you...oh wait..that city girl, I remember now. You just read a few words of English and thought yourself of Albert Newton or what? Correcting me.... correct yourself first, I know how city girls are. And by reading so much what will you do? Become the next prime minister of India? At last, you too will be washing dishes and clothes only but as a servant, after all, who will marry a girl like you?"

Krishnaa looked at her shocked. Never had she thought that a teacher, the most educated person will utter such 'words' about anyone but here was a teacher, a female one at that questioning her character. If her mother would have been alive she would have put the woman in the right place and her father would have ensured that such a woman don't get a place anywhere as a teacher. But the truth was, they were not. Not alive anymore. She was alone, all alone.

Her eyes filled with tears as all the girls started laughing at her and her teacher gave her a dirty smirk. Never had she thought of being called such words. She sat down but the fire coursing through her veins started to do otherwise her heart won the battle and she calmed herself down.

"came to tell me what is wrong and what is right...hmph," the teacher muttered under her breath and she knew that she was gonna be the least favorite here also. And she was proven to be correct.

She walked alone on the path with her cousin and her friends walking a lot ahead of her. Life has been challenging. She was treated like a maid in the home. Doing household chores day and night and the people in the village do not find it wrong that a girl would work as a bull does in a field. They consider that a woman must do household work only. But many don't let their daughters do that for the fear of disfiguring their beautiful daughters that could be married to rich houses. Women, to them, were burdens meant to do labor and produce as many sons as they could. The shocking thing was women accepted that. Here, many women accepted abuse over freedom and take pride in that.

She remembered a case that happened a week ago. A brother got his beautiful sister married to a landlord only to receive her dead body after a year. She was shocked to see this and thought that the brother will fight tooth and nail with the unfair landlord. Imagine her shock when she witnessed the brother groveling at the feet of the landlord in fear of losing favor and badmouthing his sister. And not only him, the whole village and especially old women were calling her names and taunting her. She managed to peek at the body. And at that moment she hoped that she never did. She looked tortured, after seeing her parent's body her knew what torture look like. And that's what she saw in the young woman. Her half-face burned and the other half looked black and blue. There were strange markings on her neck that looked blue too. She had a helpless look on her face even after death and it didn't take a genius to find out what happened to her. She looked at the man. Bald,  a man in his mid-40s with a long beard and chewing brittle. He had worn long chains of gold and black goggles that made him look really scary and too old for the woman. How could that man hand his sister to this man? And how could women themselves support this, when everyone could see what has happened? Forget about a woman but they could respect the dead at least, right? And she realized how selfish people were and how society was.

Society according to her, was the support system, the backbone of male abuse, and the handcuff of a woman that binds their wings together and lets them die in a dark, hopeless, and lightless room.

She was really scared after witnessing the woman and was traumatized when she saw the very same woman in her dreams. But this time, she looked as she must have done before the incident but still her aura scared her. She was shouting at her for help, advising her to not believe anyone but the one and to stand up for herself and justice. She screamed at her for justice and help. And something else too... Fortunately, her dream broke but she could not sleep for some days. She was scared of the woman but angry at that useless husband of hers. But strange anger cocooned her when they all received an invitation for the man's second marriage. She felt that someone had possessed her such was her anger.

Her family took her only to show off how kind they were and then her eyes met the eyes of the bride. Her eyes were dead and her face expressionless but Krishnaa felt she was helpless and then a strange thought came to her mind. One day it could be her instead of the woman, helpless with a destroyed future.

She had decided to study further and free herself from here. Girls studied up to 10th here. It was a rule to show how developed they were from other villages. This was a mere show through and no one was interested in sending them to schools where they feared that they will become outspoken and characterless. Hence, the girls' school where everything is a show-off. No real knowledge or anything. She had thought that she will use this law as her weapon but with teaching like this, honestly, she couldn't find any ray of hope or new starting in her life.

Will she end like that woman? Will she have no future then? What about justice then? Her justice, her parent's justice,

That woman's justice

Her subconscious mind added.

Yes, that too. What will happen now? She has to find a path, one way or another and if she doesn't find it, she will make her path.

Where there is a will, there is a way and kanhaiya will help her do it. He supports justice and she wants justice after all.

"Ohh...Krishna, kahan mar gyi yeh manhoos ladki? Jaldi aa, yeh baltiyan khud na bhar jayengi. Alsi ladki kahinki. Tere baap ka ghar hai kya?"

(oh... Krishnaa, where are you, a bad omen in the name of a girl? Come soon, these buckets won't fill themselves. See how lazy this girl is! Is this your father's home?)

 See how lazy this girl is! Is this your father's home?)

So, how was it?
What do you think about Krishna?

Do vote, share, and comment.
Have a good day ahead.