Our Future

Requested by-

[][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Eddie looked around the room completely bewildered. What had just happened? The whole room was glitching and then--

Seemingly nothing happened?

Eddie decided to step outside for a moment to clear his head. As he stepped out the door of the little house on the beach in Mexico, he noticed the usual tourists and vacationing families enjoying the pleasant afternoon sun. He then noticed a little boy sitting by himself, just casually building sandcastles like a normal six year old. What was odd, though, was the little boy seemed to be completely engaged in an entire conversation with himself.

The little boy looked up at Eddie, and his eyes lit up. "Daddy!" The little boy yelled excitedly. "Come on, look at my sand castle!"

Suddenly, the realization of their current situation hit both Eddie and Venom like a brick.  They had somehow ended up in the future, and this little boy was their son.

Eddie smiled and went along with the little boy, sitting down in the sand beside him. As they talked and built sandcastles together, the boy started to complain that his head hurt. Eddie went into parent mode when the little boy's nose began bleeding. He scooped up his son and took him inside, getting him some tissues.

"Am I sick again, daddy?" The little boy asked. Eddie's heart sank. His little boy was sick with something, but Eddie didn't know what it was.

"I'm afraid so, bud." Eddie says. Eddie knew it would probably be risky, but he took his son to the hospital anyway. The doctors told him that Dylan's tumor had come back. Eddie was in shock, he didn't know at first why Dylan's symbiote wasn't healing it, but then he realized, the cancer was affecting his symbiote, Sleeper, too. It was killing both of them.

Eddie sat beside his son's bed all night, he was there when his little blue eyes fluttered closed for the last time. He was there when the doctors called time of death.

He was there.

And then suddenly, he was back in the room, back where he was when he first jumped into the future. Venom was there with him, both of them confused and a little emotionally exhausted.

"Vee." Eddie says softly, tears still on his face.

"Yes, Eddie?" Venom says, appearing beside Eddie.

"I still want to have him. Even if he still dies, even if it still ends like that...I want our future to have him in it." Eddie says, reaching up and holding Venom's face. "I want to have our son."