Lost and found

Young!Reader Insert

________________

Eddie had never expected to end up adopting a child, but fate led him to you.

You were 8 years old when he took you in. He was patrolling the streets with Venom when he saw your father pulling you down the street towards an apartment building. You were kicking and screaming, Eddie didn't think much of it at first until your father turned around and slapped you across the face and then quickly backhanded you. Venom quickly took over and shoved the man up against a brick wall, making him piss himself in terror before biting his head off. Venom then let Eddie take back control, and Eddie looked down at you as you sat on the ground trembling. He was able to get you calmed down by promising to get whatever you wanted to eat for dinner that night. You'd requested tater tots and chicken.

You've been with them for three years now.

Today, Eddie was taking you to the zoo. You had never been before, and since Eddie had changed your hair and your wardrobe, there was less of a chance you'd be recognized.

As you walked along the paths, you spotted an ice cream cart being pushed along by a vendor.

"Daddy, can I get some ice cream? Please?" You pleaded.

"Of course, sweet girl." Eddie says, giving you the money to go get it. He didn't think twice about letting you get it yourself. You were 11 years old now after all...

By the time you got back to where Eddie had been standing, you couldn't find him.

"Daddy?" You said, confused and worried. "Daddy?! Daddy, where are you!? Daddy?!"

Suddenly, a woman in a zoo employee shirt came up to you. "Are you lost, sweetie?"

"I can't find my daddy." You sniffled.

"Okay, come with me. I'll help you find him. Just stay next to me till we find him, okay sweetheart?" She says softly. You nodded your head slowly, tears and snot running down your face.

After a few minutes, you finally found Eddie. Turns out, he had snuck off to the gift shop to get you a stuffed penguin, your favorite animal.

"Oh, sweet girl. I'm sorry, I never even thought about us getting separated like that." Eddie said, holding you in his arms.

"It's okay, daddy. Can we go home now?" You said softly, you were suddenly exhausted.

"Of course, precious girl." Eddie says softly, walking you back to the car.

Venom's tendrils gently wrapped around your hand as you walked back to the car.

And you realized something. You were once lost, but now, you're found. You didn't find them, they found you...

•)|(•