Chapter 23: Newfound Feelings

A/N: Finally! A chapter of a normal length! (By my standards at least.) Also *chokes intensely* BRO I HIT A THOUSAND READS!!! Guys, this is awesome, especially since this is the first book I've posted... ever. Thx for reading this, it really does mean a lot to me!

     I sat down, slowly eating my lunch in the atrium, questioning my life decisions. Ever since the dance the previous week, Freddy had been on my mind. I constantly wondered if he thought about me too... It was a silly thought - no, hope. Sure, he was extremely advanced for a robot, but there was no way any of them could feel such, ahem... deep feelings... right?

     You see, I was constantly going down the rabbit hole that was the depth and complexity of animatronic emotions. I'd seen Roxy cry on multiple occasions, Bonnie was unbelievably mischievous and creative (making him the best, and only, prankster I knew), Monty could be a total rage monster, and Freddy had shown himself to be very caring and prone to concern for others.

     Why can't I just ask them? It can't be that hard to ask one of them if they've ever had a crush before.

     I looked back down at the note I found in my bag after arriving home last week. At some point Freddy must've slipped it into my bag when I wasn't looking or something. The note was so thoughtful, and I just knew I would never get tired of reading it. Over, and over, and over again.

     Dear Y/N,

     Thank you for your card and Starburst! It was very kind of you to give me something even though you didn't have to. I would just like to say in advance that I'm sorry if this is worded awkwardly, or if I didn't say something right. I don't exactly have much talent when it comes to writing, unlike you.

     You are such a talented individual, Y/N. You are a skilled writer, technician, artist, singer, musician, and so much more! But I believe that talents aren't everything. I've spent my entire life as a performer, and I don't feel like my ability to entertain others is what's truly important. It's who we are inside. Our personalities, or as you say, "what makes us us."

     In addition to your multitude of talents, you have one of the best, most bright personalities of anyone I've ever met! It's been wonderful having you as the robotic technician these past few months, and I hope you continue to be for much longer. You are a great friend, Y/N, one of my best even. Thank you for putting your trust in me. It makes me feel like I can put my trust in you as well.

     Once again, thank you for everything. It means so much to me, and the others too! Happy Valentine's Day!

                                                                                                                               -Freddy

     I smiled softly, then flinched when someone sat down next to me and asked, "Whatcha readin'?"

     Sitting in the chair next to me was Bonnie, looking just as mischievous as ever. I quickly jerked the paper away, where he couldn't see, and said, "Nothing!"

     He laughed, "Y/N, I've been watching you read whatever's on that piece of paper for fifteen minutes. Either it's really long, or whatever's on it is makin' you really happy. I'm curious, now spill."

     I shook my head defiantly and replied, "Nuh uh. Why should I?"

     "Cuz I have Starburst."

     I took his offer into consideration. "How much?"

     "Like, twenty."

     I sighed, "Fine. But you have to answer this question first."