Chapter 36: This Silly Little Thing Called Adoption

A/N: Jokes on y'all! This chapter was published two days early mwhahaha! Sorry the chapter image isn't more creative, but I was/am way too tired to go hunting for the perfect one.

     Weeping.

     That was the first thing I heard when I regained consciousness.

     Although I was much too tired to open my eyes, I was still awake enough to listen.

     Where was I? Had I died? Was I in hell?! That would explain the crying...

     But why would I be in hell? Sure, I'd done some stupid things in my life (some more than others), but nothing too serious.

     So I kept listening.

     I heard beeping first. That was the second loudest thing in the room. Outside, or some distance away I heard footsteps. There were lots of them, so I must've been someplace busy. Then a lightbulb went on in my head.

     I was at the Pizzaplex!

     The beeping was from the arcade games, and the footsteps were all of the different people who had come to visit! Yes, that was it.

     But that didn't explain the weeping...

     So where was I?

     I finally opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was...

     I groaned, "A hospital? Seriously?"

     Just from looking at the ceiling I knew where I was, and I wasn't happy. But others definitely were.

     "Y/N!" someone exclaimed. I looked to the left and saw the two people I wanted to see most in the world.

     "Mom! Dad!"

     Even though I was too tired to sit up, I was very happy just to see them.

     "Don't forget me!" another voice said.

     On my right was Gregory.

     "Gregory, you little survivor! How are you doing?"

     "Better than you," he said, "You've been in bed for three days."

     My eyes widened, "Three d-" I had bit a coughing fit and continued, "Three days?!"

    "Honey, take it easy!" my mom told me.

     "Mom, I've been resting for three days, didn't you hear?" I said skeptically, "I think I'm fine."

     My mom wiped her eyes, I assumed she was the one who'd been crying, "But sweetie..."

     My dad came in, "N/N, you were in a fire."

     The memory came flooding back. I had been at the Pizzaplex after hours with Gregory and Freddy... Then- then we found the office underground, and there was Vanny and Glitchtrap- no, Afton. Then there was fire. Lots of it. The roof fell, and then... What had happened next?

     It was worse than a cliffhanger. How was I alive?! Who had-

     Freddy.

     It had to have been him, I just knew it!

     So where was he?

     Oh no.

     "The Pizzaplex!" I shouted, "Oh my gosh, the fire!"

     I sat bolt upright, "Mom, Dad, Gregory! What happened? Is the Pizzaplex still..."

     My mom placed a comforting hand on my arm, "It's still intact, honey. They're just going to be closed for a little bit."