Chapter 2

I was in the airport waiting for my flight to O'hau to start my much needed work break. I seriously have missed visiting O'hau. I haven't since my grandma started getting sick. She used to take me all the time when I was younger.

I had my suitcase next to me waiting for the plane. Finally, my flight was called. I went to get my ticket scanned so I could board the plane.

As soon as I entered the plane I went to find my seat. I put my luggage in the overhand and sat in my window seat. With my backpack under my seat.

After a few hours, I looked out my window. I could feel the biggest smile creep onto my face. As I looked out, I saw the beautiful state hawaii.

As soon as we landed, the pilot announced that we were officially on ohau, and we could finally exit the plane to leave. I grabbed both my backpack and luggage and left the plane.

As soon as I was out of the airport, I could smell the wonderful salty sea air that I missed so much. I started walking when I bumped into someone.

I look up at the person that I accidentally bumped into. I saw a tall man, muscular with a badge that said five-o task force.

"Miss, I'm so sorry. Are you ok?" He asked so sincerely

"Oh, um, yeah, thank you. Sorry for not looking where I was going, " I replied a little fast

"It's fine whats you name?" He asked, waiting for a reply

"Oh, I'm Emily Frost. Nice to meet you, and you are?" I asked as I looked into his beautiful eyes. As I looked, it made my heart skip a beat.

"Steve mcgarrett, can i please make it up to you by giving you a ride?" Steve replied, shaking my hand

"Are you sure you barely know me? Are you sure you can trust a stranger?" I asked seriously

"I have a pretty good judgment, I can tell you're not a dangerous person," Steve reassured me

"I'm sure you are detective," I said, looking at his shock face. His shocked face almost made me laugh.

"How did you know I a detective?" Steve questioned, surprised. The look on his face was priceless. I wish I had gotten a picture of it.

"It's on your badge, honey," I replied, pointing to his belt. I laughed, and he laughed with me it was more of an embarrassment laugh.

"Oh right well this way," Steve said, starting to walk to his navy blue truck that was parked. I followed him to his truck he opened his truck door and put my stuff inside.

"Mahalo, Steve." I thanked him as I climbed up front. When he got to the driver's seat , he didn't believe that a mainlander would know that.

"What cat got you tongue?" I sarcastically asked.

"Sorry, I'm not used to hearing mainlanders use that or even know what it means," Steve replied as he put his truck in drive.

"Hey it my look like my first time, but I promise it is not," I reassured him. He shook his head in response.

The rest of the ride to my vacation home was quiwith a few conversations here and there, but mostly quiet. As soon as we arrived, I thanked Steve for the ride. I got my stuff and went inside. To officially start this amazing vacation off.