Chapter 14

We got into Kono's car. When we were in her car. She looked impressed how I handled it in there.

"That was amazing, Emily." Kono praised me. I shook my head, thank you. We were driving back to HQ. I looked over at Kono, wanting to ask her something.

"Hey, kono, want to get drunks later, just us girl," I asked. She looked over at me with a smile. I knew that was a yes.

"Hell yes, I want to get to know the mysterious Emily more now that we are friends," Kono pointed out. I smiled wide. I didn't think she thought of me as friends yet.

"Where friends?" I asked. She looked over at me offended. I even asked such a question.

"If course were friends Em. Can I call you Em? " Kono said. I smiled at her. I'm glad she thinks I'm a friend. I really need to know someone other than Steve.

"Yeah, I would like that." I replied. We finally got back to HQ. When we got out, we went up to the offices. We were the first ones back. We were laughing and becoming good friends.

Steve and the others finally got back. They all saw me and kono talking and laughing. Steve smiled at me, knowing I was getting along with someone.

"Wow, look at you two getting along." Chin said. Me and kono both looked at each other. They all caught us up on what they found out.

"Emily, can you and Chin go talk to her ex-boyfriend?" Steve asked. We both shook our heads, yes. When we were in Chins car. I could tell he wanted to start a conversation with me.

"If you want to talk to me, talk," I said, trying to get something out of him. He smiled wide. I'm pretty sure he likes the way i come across.

"Dang, you are not afraid to say what's on your mind." He said jokingly. I started laughing. I like Chin he is nice but also knows how to point things out.

"Well, thank you, I try to be," I said sarcastically. He chuckled. When we got to the boys' house, we knocked on his door.

"Five-o," I yelled. I heard the door unlock. The boy came out, are you Kayla Stevenson's ex-boyfriend we asked? He answered yes. We took him back to HQ to question.

In the inerigation room, I went in with Grover. The boy keeps denying everything we ask. I finally had enough of his bullshit I knew he was lying. He just was wishing me or Grover caught on.

I took out my gun to threaten him. Steve and the rest of the team told me that doing these things was OK. We had special power from the governor to do so. I pointed my gun at his leg.

"Alright, I know you're lying, so I suggest telling us the truth before you have a bullet in your leg," I threatened. The others were watching from the camera on how I handle things.

"You won't do it. You don't have the guts," he said, testing me. And believe me, you don't want to test me. I pointed my gun at his chair and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit the chair.

I could tell he knew I wasn't bluffing. He was terrified of me now.

"Are you sure I won't? Now, tell us where this guy is before I put a bullet in your leg and let it bleed out. " I threatened again.

"Why do you want to know so badly it's not like you knew her," he said. I was beyond angry now. I got down to his leave but looked in his eyes.

"I care because someone that you know put an innocent girl in the ground, and I promised her dad I would get the person responsible for what they did. And I'm a person who keeps her promises, " I told him. Not even batting an eye. He was definitely sacred now.

After i threatened him, we got the information we needed. We went to the guys house. We were looking inside, trying to find him. When I saw someone trying to sneak out of the place.

I told Steve I was gonna be right back. I started going to the back and followed him. It was our guy he started running, and Steve noticed him too. But I was already running after him.

The others were watching how I was doing things. He tried to get in his car, but I shot his leg. He fell to the ground. He started reaching for something a gun. I shot his arm and hand.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I said. I reached in side his pocket with my glove so I don't put fingerprints. I threw the gum far away, so he couldn't try that again.

"That was amazing, Emily." I could her Danny say. As everyone else started to approach. They were all really impressed with me.

"Steve definitely made the right decision." Chin said. As he was elbowing Steve. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

I put my gun away. Then I took out my ponytail to let my hair fall naturally. I hate wearing ponytails or having my hair up. But I have to for my job since my hair is so long.

Steve came over and gave me a hug. I started running my hands through my hair. It felt good knowing I helped a father find closer.

I went back to his house and told him the good news. He hugged me. u knew he was still sad, but that helped him.

"You did amazing today, babe," Steve said as I walked out. I smiled and kissed him. He sighed into the kiss.

The reaction I got from her dad is the reason why I do this job to bring closer to those grieving families.