Chapter 11

Steve thought it was a good idea to race me first on in his truck wins. But he didn't know that he was looking at the champion of a marathon. After I was done getting ready, he noticed me running to the door.

He was suddenly in front of me trying to block me from winning since he was done too, and it was a race. I was clever enough to slip around him and run out the door. I looked back at him, running after me.

He tried to reach me but it was too late. I had already opened his truck door and hopped in. Steve, when he got in, looked at me with a disappointing look like he should have won. But oh well, he'll have better luck next time.

"How come you can run so fast?" Steve wanting to know. I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"I used to do a lot of track when I was in high school," I told him. He shook his head like he was impressed. I looked over at him something was on his mind.

"Everything OK steve?" I asked, looking at him. I wondered what was going on in that head of his. What was he thinking?

"Oh, just think if moving here is really what you want, you jumped into this decision really quickly," Steve said. I could tell he was questioning me, wanting to stay with him.

"I'm beyond sure Steve, you don't know how long I needed to get away from La. I know you and the others think it's all glitz and glam. But being in that city really draws out our happiness and makes you want to leave, " I said, looking out the window. I don't think he knew how true that was.

Steve's pov

When we arrived, I saw everyone at the table closest to the beach. I looked over at Emily, who was staring into space.

"Hey Emily, we're here." I tapped on her shoulder, letting her know. I could tell that she was nervous. I was trying to read her face, but it didn't show me anything.

"Are you ok, Emily?" I asked her. I'm just trying to get her to look at me. She looked up at me, then looked back really quickly like she was nervous about something.

"Yeah, I'm just wondering if they will like me," she sighed. I looked at her, trying my hardest to get her to look at me.

"But why. When they first meet them, they hinted that they love you." I couldn't figure out why she was so nervous all of a sudden.

"I know, but they might have second thoughts." I looked at her mad now. I took her face in my hand and made her look at me.

"Baby, I promise you the second you left. They were absolutely raving about you. They said how much they already like you. And trust me, they are cops they don't change their minds easily." I told her. With nothing but honesty. She gave a smile.

"Thanks, Steve, I don't know why I thought that my head always does that." I understood where she was coming from. I mean this job and make a person second guess.

I got out of the truck Emily told me she would be a minute. I went over to the table and sat down. They were looking around for Emily since I said she would come.

"Where is Emily?" Chin questioned. I pointed to the truck. I told them what she said. They felt bad that she thought of them like that. When she finally joined us, she had a smile.

At the end of the day, she learned just how much my ohana loved her. I am glad she knows. We got back home and enjoyed the rest of the evening with each other.