Chapter 6

I was just getting out of the water to get food when I started getting this feeling like eyes are on me. I look up and see a few familiar faces, well actually Steve and Danny. The rest don't know them.

I got weirded out by wherever I went. Steve was their. It was obviously a big coincidence, though we don't even have each other cell numbers. And I didn't tell him where I was going.

I went to where my towel was and picked up my stuff. I started walking over to Steve and Danny, and I'm assuming the rest of his task force.

When I was close enough for them to hear me, I turned my attention to Steve. Cause this seeing each other everywhere was getting out of head, not really. I liked bumping into Steve.

"Are you following me, detective, cause it feels like you are?" I said with a joking tone. I gave a slight smirk when I approached the table. Everyone else started laughing at my question.

"No, I'm not, are you?" He replied. I chuckled a little at his response.

"Guys, this is Emily, Emily. This is Chin, Lou, Kono, Adam, and you already know Danny," He introduced us. I gave them each a smile.

"Nice to meet you finally, Steve talks about you a lot," Chin told me. I gave the oh really look.

"Intreasting, what things has he said?" I asked, wanting to make him embarrassed. But genuinely, I wanted to really know.

"Very good things I won't get into details," Chin added. Oh, that's good. Nothing bad. I didn't want that.

"How long are you staying on the island?" Asked Kono. For some reason, even though I didn't know the girl, I already liked her.

"Two months, my boss is really generous to me." I said. I knew that if I said that, I would get shocked to react. And yup, I did. They all looked at me in disbelief.

I saw Danny reaching for something that fell out of my bad. I didn't see what it was at first. But then I recognized the shape of me badge. I didn't know it was in that bag.

"Danny, what's that?" Steve questioned. I snatched my badge out of his hand and shoved it in my bag. Obviously, they all wanted to know why I did that.

"The thing that was in my hand was a LAPD badge a detective badge at that," Danny said. They all looked at me this time, wondering why I took it back.

"You're a detective? Like us?" Asked steve. I didn't know how to reply.

"Yeah, Detective Frost at your service," I said rather embarrassed from the discovery. I sat down so they could ask questions.

"Why didn't you tell us that this morning LAPD must be so much fun?" Danny said. Everyone agreed. I smiled a faint smile.

"It's not really I for the same assignments every day of different cases, but still." I admitted.

"Why did your boss give you two months off?" Steve asked. His voice made my heart skip a beat. The way he kept himself together was amazing. He is so handsome.

"Oh, um, I'm his best detective, and he noticed I need a break since it's been a lot lately at LAPD," I replied. After the afternoon, I went back to the place I'm staying.

It was about 11 pm, and I was very tired from earlier. I got into my sleepwear. When I started to fall asleep, all I could think about was Steve.

I could see stuff like his smile, his laugh, he muscles you could see through his shirt. The many cargo pants that mam wears. I realized I was thinking these things cause I felt feelings.

Even though we just met, I want to be his girlfriend. I want to be the only girl he ever loves again. I want him in my life forever.

Ever since my ex, I have been missing the feel of the love a boyfriend should have for his girlfriend. I just needed someone who loved me as much as my dad loves my mom.