Chapter 1, Introduction

A bright young attorney named Kagamine Wright, who had just graduated college early sat next to his colleague and boss, Megurine Fey. Megurine and Kagamine were both defense attorneys, always eager to find true justice in every case. As family members, they both had attachments. Seeing (older and younger) smiles every day motivated them to come home.

Kagamine Wright, age 20. He had spiky hair, tan skin and brown eyes (with a baby face). His blonde hair usually shone in the sunlight giving off a beam of hope.

Megurine Fey, age 27. Despite being in her (about) 30s, she still had a teenager look to her. Her long pink hair always reflected her elegance and maturity. Her slightly chubby build never affected how people saw her. Managing Megurine Law and Co. was her responsibility, and she was powerful. 

                                                                                *   *   *

Tik...tok...tik...tok.

Another long day. My boss had just come back from another case (which she solved) and decided to meet me for a break. The office was usually empty as it was small, considering me and Ms. Megurine Fey worked here.

"Lenny," (her nickname for me) "Today's case was...quite interesting." She was slightly taller than me, looking into my eyes downwards. "Want me to tell you about it?" She patted my head teasingly. I slowly backed away, sheepishly nodding. With a cup of coffee in hand, I was eager to listen to what she had to say. "S-Sure.. boss. What was it about?" I asked. Ms. Luka Megurine Fey had this comforting big sister energy, sometimes changing into a mother-like aura.

"Well, it was a tough case that's for sure. A man had been murdered."

"That's surprising." Considering the irony that her cases were all about murder.

As she sipped her coffee from her desk, she chuckled, "He was drowned. His aunt was the suspect." "The witness was his mother." She slowly looked away. "There was no murder weapon on the scene, but there was evidence that the weapon wasn't even a weapon at all."

I was intrigued. "Sibiling rivalry and uncovering evidence for a non-existent murder weapon? Huh?"

"Get this... the man's occupation was an acrobat. The whole murder scene happened because he was showing his aunt some tricks he had learned recently." Luka sighed, looking at the desk. "And the mom had a huge grudge against the aunt because the man was closer to the aunt rather than his own mother." She rubbed her forehead at the irony of the case.

"Basically..you're saying... the mom accused the aunt for no reason seeing nothing?"

"Yes! The man and his aunt were together near the lake, until he slipped into the water not knowing how to swim." I opened my mouth a bit. "That's a dark turn. And this whole situation seems a bit ridiculous..." Luka rubbed her forehead. In fact, she even agreed when I told her about this." She started filling up her coffee even more. "The positive part is, nobody was found guilty, thanks to the evidence I found." She slipped out a picture in her pocket, showing a woman seeming to push a young man into the lake, but on close inspection, it appeared as if she was catching him.

"Woah. That's contradictory." I looked up at her. "How did you even find this evidence?"

Megurine Fey slowly finished her coffee. "I think this calls for an attorney to attorney tip." I sat down, sensing the vibe was more informative and serious. "Yes, boss?"

She had an elegant posture, which made me straighten mine. I want you to know that finding contradictions anywhere and everywhere is always the right option." She bent down. "RemHer face smiled as she said, "Evidence can be discovered everywhere."Believe in that, you can find true justice." 

I smiled at her politely. "Thanks..erm, I'll try!" I was quite nervous, considering I'd watched most of her cases. Megurine Fey saw something in me, and I don't know why. I guess I should be grateful considering how well she's taken care of me. My sister, Rin, and she helped me find renewed hope after being crushed by arts studies.

When Ms. Megurine's cellphone started ringing, she hurriedly picked it up, giving her most professional tone. "Luka Megurine Fey speaking, this is Megurine Fey and Co. Law Office. How may I help you?"

Listening to her call, I sat there like a lost child. To be honest, I was slightly excited when I heard the call to work with Luka!

"Oh.. Miku? Burgers? Hmm...I'll see." Luka smiled warmly, lighting up the room. She was very pretty whenever she was happy. I perked up, along with my spikes. I smiled and said, "Miku? My sister's friend?" She and my sister were really close at the time we all met, and are still close!

Luka nodded, still on call. "Yes, sure! We can all meet up at the burger place right by this office! Yes.. I'll ask Mr. Kagamine Wright." She rolled her eyes chuckling a bit.

"Hey, Lenny?" She used a nickname for me when we weren't so professional. "You wanna have dinner with me and Miku? We're also planning to invite Rin."

My stomach growled when I heard the word dinner. "Sure!" I checked the clock. "It's evening anyway and you're pretty tired from all that."

"Great! Yeah, sure, me and Len can meet you in 30 minutes. See you soon, sis. I'll tell you about the case later!"

Luka turned her cellphone off and put it back where it belonged. "Let's go then?" She held out her hand.

I nodded, "Why are you holding out your hand?" I looked around confused.

"So little Len doesn't get lost. Hehe." She smiled at her own corny joke. I just looked away pouting, "Not. Funny." I went ahead as she smiled alongside me.