Chapter 4

Abubakar carried the two yogurts that he requested for on his hand before exiting the house already feeling eager to marry Waleeda off to Kamil, he had wanted his daughter to meet up with Kamil today so that they'll get to know each other. But the fact that Kamil has traveled didn't support his motion.

They just crossed the gate sized door when Waleeda noticed khalil coming back inside the house, his face now looking annoyed unlike how he left, he didn't even raise his head to look at any of them but rather stormed inside with heavy steps.

"I can't believe mathematics classes can change people's mood like this ." Waleeda said to her father as they continue making their way out of the house.

Abubakar  took another sip of his yogurt before saying "who told you that he went for maths class ? "

"You probably didn't notice as you were taking to his father but he actually went for maths lesson ." Waleeda replied her father in a respectful voice. They kept on walking in silence until they reached the parking lot where Abubakar parked his Peugeot.

They both entered inside the car and Abubakar started the car engine that made a loud snoring sound before it started.

The drive was so peaceful, Waleeda's enjoying the quietness in the car because now Abubakar didn't play any radio station like he did when they were going to the house .

He kept on taking sips of the yogurt and now Waleeda could see through the front mirror that her father has a round white circle of yogurt stain around the corner of his lips .
She didn't inform him about it rather she just kept quiet and acted as if she didn't see it.

"We are going to be back some other time " Abubakar said as he slightly turned his head to look at Waleeda.

It does not really sound like a question  to her, it sounds more a command so she simply nodded her head.

She  couldn't help but inwardly thought  ' Why am I the one going to his house not him coming to mine. '

She wanted to ask her father this but she's also scared that he might be annoyed by the question but she still asked anyways. Her father's reply didn't surprise her.

"Are you mad ? ... let me not hear that form your mouth  again  , don't you know that he's blind ?  How can he come to your house ? " Abubakar warned his daughter sternly.

He kept turning his head to face his daughter that's seated on the passenger's seat beside him then quickly returned to facing the road .
For a moment, Waleeda was low key sacred that they might get into an accident but got relieved when he continued facing the road .

"But how did he travel then ?" Waleeda asked inquisitively as she also turned to look at her father who then kept thinking of a reply to give his daughter.

Abubakar kept quiet for the rest of the drive because even he doesn't know what to tell his daughter now, it's a question to wonder about. If he is blind then how did he drive himself to his grandfather's place. There's definitely more to this that the Muhsins' family are not telling him.

When they reached home, he went out of the car and opened the black gate before coming back inside, he drove the car in and returned to close the gate.

Waleeda came out of the car and entered inside their comfortable bungalow house that's not even close to the size of the Muhsin's mansion yet she still like it like that.

She met her mother in the parlor so she quickly went to sit beside her.

"How did it go ? Did you meet him ?" Munira  start to bounce questions at her daughter in excitement.

Waleeda summarized everything that happened  to her mother before diving into a deep sleep. She opened her eyes when she felt someone gently pushing her back and forth .

Waleeda instantly recognized that it's her mother, that's normally how Munira wakes her daughter.

"Get up and pray magrib ...." Munira said to her daughter, who then rubbed her eyes as if she could clean the sleep away.

She walked to  to her room that has brown  painted walls, performed ablution in which she  prayed for a good marital life, for jannah, for her parents safety and lastly for her peace.

She knows her father is in the parlor with her mother so she decided to stay in her room, moreover if she leaves her room now , her father will be talking to her about this marriage which sounds more like a disturbance to her.

'I guess staying in will be better ' Waleeda mumbled to herself as she laid down on her bed with  her Samsung on her right hand.

She saw a WhatsApp message from her father , he just sent her kamil's number. She just couldn't escape her father when it comes to this marriage issue.

Waleeda doesn't know what to do, is she suppose to message the number or call it . She was so confused so she just messaged the number.

She sent  'Hi I'm Waleeda' to the number internally thanking God for technology.

She was expecting to see a reply soon, she soon realize that it was a stupid idea to message him as he can't see so she decided to call.

Her Samsung has been ringing for the fourth time now but nobody answered the call, she was about to decline the call when someone answered her from the other line.

The other line was quiet even though you could easily guess that someone has picked the call due to the background noise.

"Hello , it's Waleeda." She said , trying to make her voice as sweet as possible.

"Who ?" A deep voice spoke from the other line, a voice she had to try her best not to fall in love with, a voice one can never forget, a voice very similar to Muhsin's voice, very deep yet so naturally smooth.

"Waleeda... Waleeda Abubakar." she called out her name twice.

_______________________________
Thank you for reading SEE . If my writing interest you then pls check out my other stories  too. I have taken down some stories but Siena the still there for you to read.
Nagode
I
Vote
Share
Comment