DADDY

CHAPTER THREE

Mama that is your flight, will miss you baby girl and my darling Tiffany thank you will miss you too, bye babies be good ok? Glen thank you too, my pleasure Mrs. Robin have a safe flight, bye mama see you soon. Ladies what do you think we go to my place for some drinks and games, yea that will be fun but can't go with you two, I promised Xavier I was going to see him today when I come back from the airport, Tiffany not to worry Xavier is already waiting for us at my place, seriously? Yes, he told me to let you know, let's go then want to see my baby I've missed him.

You have a lovely place Glen, thank you Tiffany, baby I'm here where are you? He must be by the pool area Matthew please show miss Tiffany to the pool, we will be with you shortly Tee, ok see you there let me go n see my baby. So my violet what is wrong you have been looking down through out today even before we took your mama to the airport, my Dad has been ill and they kept it from me this whole time Glen, so sorry dear how is he doing now? Mama said he is recovering but I don't believe her, so I have decided since my leave is in two weeks I will be travelling home to stay with him for a while, ok baby if that will make you happy and don't worry he is going to be fine, just calm down ok? I think you need this drink more than any of us but before you come down there is a bikini in your room for you in case you want to swim, bought enough so you can gift Tiffany one to use too, my room you say? Yes, you don't like staying in my room you prefer the guest room anytime you come around so I decided to decorate the room for you to your taste and also did some little clothe shopping for you in case you decide to come or sleep over anytime. This is serious, I want to see my room please, why not its yours you can go, be fast and join us down, yes sir but help me call Tee so she can change too.

Knock knock, come in Tee, whose room is this Vee, its mine baby girl Glen fixed it for me and even bought some clothes for me, really? Yes, my dear I was also surprised, just don't say a word again choose your bikini and leave, yes ma'am. Baby we want to get going now it's getting late and there's work in the morning, ok let me change into something appropriate and take you home, no don't worry Xavier is going too, so he offered to drop us at home, are you sure you don't want me to come, sure just stay at home you need to rest, will call you immediately I get home, all right just wished you were not going, there is work tomorrow babe, you can go to the office from here Violet, didn't plan for this, we will arrange for next time not today, ok? take care.

Sir, you know my leave is starting by Monday, so I won't be able to attend the meeting, I have forwarded all the necessary document they might need, to them which means I don't even need to be there, beside flora can handle anything, I also send copies to her too so she will be well informed, violet I would have loved for you to attend this particular meeting, can't you come on Monday for that? No sir I won't be able to, my Dad is ill and I have booked my ticket already for Sunday evening, ok tell flora to meet me right away, you can go and my love to your family, thank you sir see you in a month time. Babe you can come pick me up now, I'm done with the office but please can you help me branch to Tiffany's office please, told her to get something I forgot when leaving the house this morning, ok see you in a bit.

Hello Tee sorry missed my call I was taking my bath what's up? Nothing just missing my best friend and this house feels so empty without you, miss you too Tee or will you come so we will travel together? Who will do the work for me Vee? That's true, don't worry before you know I will be back, alright Vee what time is your flight tomorrow? By 4pm, ok will see if I can stop by in the morning to see your face before you leave and how's Glen? He is doing good, in his study now having a meeting online, ok say me hi to him when he is done, will do Tee thanks for checking in.

Sleeping already? Yes, I waited for you but you refuse to finish on time, sorry babe had to settle some dispute between some of my staff, ok dear hope you were able to settle it, yes, I was, let me allow you sleep, love you.

Violet over here, oh Vera, I have missed you pumpkin, I thought mama said she will be the person to come pick me up, I had to plead with her to let me come, because I've missed you a lot my big sister. Vera why is the driver going this way, I thought we are going to the hospital straight, Violet don't you need to keep your bags at home at least before going? No baby what I want to do first is see my daddy, ok hey mister can you please turn and take us to the hospital you picked me from? Yes ma'am. Put on a happy face please inside don't show him you are sad, okay let's go in.

my daddy I have missed you, oh my child welcome sorry was not able to go pick you at the airport as usual, no worries daddy just be well for me, and how are you feeling now? I'm getting strong baby girl the doctor said am recovering fast, wow that's good news daddy, can't wait to have you home, yea me too baby, and where is mama? The doctor just called her in she will be back now, Vera dear what did you get for your sister to eat, nothing daddy she said she wanted seeing you first before anything.

Mama, welcome my child did you just arrive the hospital, not long mama I asked after you, daddy said the doctor called you in, yes dear he said we can take your father home so he called me to go get his drugs prescriptions, well what are we waiting for let's go home, Vera get the car to the entrance of the hospital so your father won't have to walk long to the car, yes ma.

Home sweet home, awn who arranged my room, your lovely sister of cause, thank you Vera you are the best, please and tell mama to give you the drugs prescription will go get it when I rest a little, will do that. Hello someone has forgotten me or has she not landed yet? I have baby I'm so sorry no excuse to give, its fine I understand, how's your dad's health? He is doing better we are back home with him; you see I told you he is going to be fine, true baby let me shower and rest, I' am so tired will chat you up when I wake, take care.

Violet wake up my friend, hey Mike, was planning to call you when I wake up, come and give me a big hug miss you dear friend, me too Mike what's up with you, I've been good Violet even though you left me here alone, hahaha not true, you know I'm only a dial away, yes sure just kidding happy to have you home, come let me go show you the town you have missed, will love that and I'm even supposed to go get drugs for daddy so good timing lets go.

Vera where is daddy? He is at the back, doing what Vera, why did you let him? He said he is feeling awesome and want to check his garden, go talk to him please maybe he will listen to you. Daddy what are you doing out here, are you not supposed to be resting? Violet my child I needed to do some work, but daddy, my child I've been resting for two weeks now haven't I rested enough? I' am tired not doing anything baby, I promise I' am doing great, ok but please just for 20 minutes and you are back inside daddy, yes ma'am 20 minutes is perfect go help your mama in the kitchen. Mama what are you cooking? I'm making your dads favorite, wow how nice of you mama, daddy will be so happy, yes, my child, and mama I was thinking of leaving by the weekend since I have just a week before resuming work, ok violet that's fine make sure to let your father know on time ok? Go call him inside he has been out long enough and food is ready.

Mama, mama, mama what is it violet, daddy is not moving please call the ambulance fast, stop crying please violet let's not panic maybe he just fainted, mama just call in, I'm trying to, Violet my hands are shaky I'm sorry, please daddy be fine don't want to lose you I can't. The ambulance is here let's go. Doctor how is he doing please? Mrs. Robin I'm so sorry but he couldn't make it, no it can't be doctor, mama please it can't be true, Vera it's not true right? I' am sorry my babies, no mama.