Worry

It had been nearly a week since the whole alley incident, and Niall still hadn't seen anything of Liam.

He was concerned, to say the least.

Niall was worried that Liam might have gotten hurt during a fight, or got into an accident, or-

Oh.

Oh.

Liam was right there.

Right on the park bench a few yards away from where Niall was standing.

That was a waste of a near panic attack.

Liam arched a brow, turning his gaze to Niall, catching him staring.

"Looking for something, Ni?"

Niall knew he shouldn't have been so surprised by the nickname, but he couldn't help it. It was nice, though. Made him feel like Liam at least liked him. Enjoyed his presence. 

"C'mon, sit," Liam offered, moving his bag and patting the bench.

Niall shrugged, nodding as he came to sit. The bench was cold, much like the surrounding area. Niall didn't hate winter, but he was starting to get tired of being so cold all the time.

Giving Niall a small smile, Liam took off his denim jacket, putting it around Niall's shoulders. Niall smiled back, blush heating his cheeks.

Liam chuckled, putting his arm around Niall's shoulders, rubbing his thumb against the denim gently.

It was quiet for a few minutes, only the sounds of a few birds being heard.

"Missed you," Liam finally spoke up.

Niall looked over at him. "Yeah?"

Liam nodded. "Sorry I didn't come around more. My sisters came over to the house. Forgot to tell you."

Niall shrugged. "It's fine."

"How're you feeling, by the way? You're cuts and all that healing?" Liam asked, glancing over at Niall, looking him up and down. Niall was confused why Liam would be so concerned about him at first, but then he realized - that's just Liam. It's who he is.

"Yeah, they're fine. I'm fine," Niall reassured Liam.

"Happy to hear it, Nialler."