Back to seek Revenge

I opened my eyes, and I saw that I was no longer in Shaker Heights, Ohio, in the USA, but across the pond. I was in Victorian era, in 1846, inside a ship towards the city. My regular every day clothes from the late 1990s were gone now. In its place was Victorian era dress that the women would wear back in the olden days. The dress I wore was a dark blue color, and the corset I had on felt like I could barely breathe in it. I felt numb.

"Oh, my God...! I can barely breathe...!" I heaved breaths, getting the corset off of me.

Afterwards, I searched for Joshua from inside the ship but he was nowhere to be found.

"Josh? Josh, where are you?" I called out.

"Miss...whom are you looking for?" A young man with a British accent asked me. He was pale skinned with long dark blond hair and curious blue eyes. He looked to be about 20 years old, and seemed to know a whole lot about ships and where to go.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was looking for a friend...see, he has South Asian skin, dark wavy hair and brown eyes, looks kind of lean and lank due to his heart defect. Have you seen him?" I asked.

"No, miss. But I will let you know when you've seen him. My name's Anthony Hope." The young man introduced himself.

That's right...I'm in another century, I'd better give him my full name. I thought.

"Nice to meet you, Anthony. My name is Tamera Nagasi of America." I smiled likewise. We both shook hands. He seemed to be a nice fellow, but I had my eyes on Bridget, since I am a lesbian. Bridget is an Irish woman with fair skin, red hair and brown eyes; through invitro fertillization and David, she was pregnant with a baby girl on the way and recently, we found out that the baby has Down Syndrome, an extra chromosome filled with laughter and hugs. I thought about Bridget and the baby girl. Bridget decided on the baby's name: Ruby Mara.

"So where are we heading?" I asked.

We looked outside with the dark clouds and the night sky overhead. I could see the city of London in the far off distance.

I have sailed the world
beheld its wonders
from the Dardanelles
To the mountains of Peru
But there's no place like London! Anthony sang happily.

"Wow...!" I breathed in wonder.

Suddenly, an older man from out of nowhere with a bitter and droll voice sang out. I swiftly whirled, gasping in shock, surprise and I was a little frightened. The older gentleman was about 48 years old, with pale skin clean shaven, mysterious dark brown eyes staring down at the city he hated so much; his hair was messy wavy and black as night with one strand of it having a silvery white streak on the top right side of his head. I couldn't help but look and wonder how he got it.

No, there's no place like London...The older gentleman sang out in disdain.

"Mr. Todd?" Anthony noticed, and so did I.

You are young
Life has been kind to you
You will learn...Mr. Todd told the both of us.

"Learn what exactly?" I questioned, my instincts not trusting the older gentleman as he walked towards the bow, a look of indifference and disdain on his hometown. Wherever Joshua was, he must be there in London doing his sorcerer mission along with David, and my guess was, Zazu, the hornbill from the Pride Lands sent them ahead of me.

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it
And it's morals aren't worth what a pig can spit
And it goes by the name of London
At the top of the hole sit a privileged few
Making mock of the vermin in the lower zoo
Turning beauty to filth and greed
I too have sailed the world and seen it's wonders
For the cruelty of men is as wondrous as Peru
But there's no place like London! Mr. Todd growled, staring hatefully ahead.