Epilogue

Right before I was transported home...I saw the ghosts of certain people whom were killed by Sweeney Todd. The first person I saw was Toby. I didn't know what had happened after he had slit Sweeney's throat. All I know was that he slit Sweeney's throat with his fallen razor and left with the bloody knife. I looked at him sadly as if to say, "Why did you do it?"

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd

His skin was pale and his eye was odd...Toby sang out.

Then I saw Johanna and Anthony.

He shaved the faces of gentlemen

Who never thereafter were heard of again. The lovebirds described.

He trod a path that few had trod

Did Sweeney Todd...The two policemen said.

The Demon Barber of Fleet Street...The trio sang out with Toby.

Another face in the shadows. This time it was the Beggar Woman, Lucy Barker. I felt for the poor woman.

He kept a shop in London town

Of fancy clients and good renown...She described.

I saw the ghost of Judge Turpin and I intensely stared at him in fury. He should have left Benjamin Barker and his family alone when he had the chance.

And what if none of their souls were saved?
They went to their maker impeccably shaved...Turpin said.

By Sweeney,
By Sweeney Todd, The beggar woman, Turpin and the policeman warned.

I saw the ghosts of Beadle Bamford and Pirelli.

Swing your razor wide, Sweeney!
Hold it to the skies!
Freely flows the blood of those
Who moralise! They harmonized.

I glared at the Beadle because he had a hand in Turpin's plan. He and Turpin were the sole reasons that Benjamin Barker became Sweeney Todd in the first place. All the ghosts swirled around me including little Mirai, Jillian, and Caroline. I compassionately looked at the little girl.

I could have done more...I thought sadly. The little girl gently lifted up my chin in comfort. That was to let me know that I have done all I can to protect her. She gave me a thankful smile and hurried along.

His needs are few, his room is bare:
He hardly uses his fancy chair.
The more he bleeds, the more he lives.
He never forgets and he never forgives.
Perhaps today you gave a nod
To Sweeney Todd,
The demon barber of Fleet Street. They all warned.

Sweeney wishes the world away,
Sweeney's weeping for yesterday,
Hugging the blade, waiting the years,
Hearing the music that nobody hears.
Sweeney waits in the parlour hall,
Sweeney leans on the office wall. The women sang.

No one can help, nothing can hide you-
Isn't that Sweeney there beside you?
Sweeney wishes the world away.
Sweeney's weeping for yesterday, The men interluded.

No one can help, nothing can hide you-
Isn't that Sweeney there beside you?
Sweeney wishes the world away.
Sweeney's weeping for yesterday,
Is Sweeney!
There he is, it's Sweeney!
Sweeney! Sweeney!
There! There! There! There!
There! The ghosts swirled around me and then in the blink of an eye...

I was transported into cellar of the bakehouse and in the background were the flames from the bakehouse oven. In the center, was Sweeney Todd. I gasped in horror.

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd!

He served a dark and a hungry God! Sweeney said and the ghosts repeated.

To seek revenge may lead to Hell! The demon barber warned as he glared at another figure.

But everyone does it though seldom as well...Mrs. Lovett looked at the barber coldly, which made me uncomfortable. I looked at Lovett sadly as if to say, "You should have told him where Lucy was!"

As Sweeney...They both said.

As Sweeney Todd,
The demon barber of Fleet...Street! The ghosts sounded their chorus and they disappeared; leaving Mrs. Lovett and Sweeney Todd alone, glaring at each other. Then the pie woman walked away with a grim smile. Images of Sweeney were etched in my mind; striding, smiling, slashing...and the last image of Sweeney in the pool of blood, dead was enough to make me scream in horror.

***********************

I screamed, in the throes of a nightmare and I felt someone shake me awake.

"Tammie...Tam, wake up...wake up, it's me...!"

I opened my eyes to see Ben at my bedside.

"Oh my God!" I cried out relieved as I hugged him.

"It's okay, I'm here...I'm here..." Ben soothed as he hugged me back.

"Tam! Babe, are you alright?" Bridget asked concerned.

"What happened?" David asked, nervous.

I told him, Bridget, Joshua and David all that had happened during Joshua's mission in Fleet Street.

"Did something happen to him?" Ben asked.

"Last I found him, he was cradling his dead wife in his arms and their throats were slit." I concluded.

"Speaking of dreams...I've had a couple of intense ones." Ben studied. "I don't know what it means but it has something to do with Sweeney..."

"So the story about him is true?" Bridget asked.

"I dunno...all this thinking has made me sleepy." Ben replied.

"I'm getting sleepy too." Joshua agreed. "I might be able to check up on Izzy in the morning."

"Is she okay?" Ben asked worried.

"She feels isolated." Joshua felt for Izzy now.

"Let me know if you need anything, okay?" Ben said. "And I'll check on Pearl if need be."

"Oh, I will." Joshua smiled.

Ben lay next to my sleeping form and hugged me close. Little did he know, that what had went on in Fleet Street was real...and that he would regain his memories as the Demon Barber of Fleet Street himself...Sweeney Todd.