Failed chance at revenge

SWEENEY'S POV

We were on our way to the marketplace later that day and Mrs. Lovett was chatting about someone named Adolfo Pirelli. Tamera had little Mary in her arms.

"He's here every Thursday. Italian. All the rage, he is." Mrs. Lovett described to all of us. "Best barber in London, they say."

"This should be interesting." Tamera mused.

"Personally, I don't like huge gatherings when I go on my own." Jillian said. "I'm more comfortable and secure when I'm with someone."

"That's understandable. I don't blame you, hon." Tamera sympathized. From a distance, little Mary saw the Beadle and hid underneath Tamera's skirts.

"Who could that be?" Tamera asked.

"That's Beadle Bamford, Judge Turpin's crony. I've begun to notice that he and the judge have taken a peep at me quite a few times. Not so much when I was still a child..." Jillian described in disgust.

I reached in my jacket to pull out my razor in silent rage and attack. He, as well as Judge Turpin were the ones who sent me to the penal colony in Australia for life on a false charge, raped my wife and stole my daughter, Johanna. It could be my chance to protect little Mirai from that pig of a man.

"Hang on." Mrs. Lovett stopped me, and rightfully so. The pudgy crony was talking to a young lady right then and there. Course, I didn't want to bring attention and to scare Mirai right then and there.

Among the crowd, I saw a lean and lank gentleman about 23 years of age with South Asian skin, long wavy hair and kind brown eyes. He seemed to be holding a cane of some sort. With him was a younger lad, about 17 years of age with long blackened curly hair and blue eyes. Tamera waved to them.

"Joshua! David!" She called out.

"Tammie!" David hugged me and so did Joshua.

"Don't worry, I know these two, Sweeney." Tamera reassured to me. I nodded silently.

"My name is Joshua, sir, and this is my younger brother, David." Joshua introduced to me.

"Pleasure to meet you, sir." David politely inclined.

"Sweeney Todd, at your service, lads." I politely shook hands with the two gentlemen.

Joshua scanned the stage that was set for Adolfo Pirelli.

"Guess we wait this one out." Joshua studied. David nodded agreeing as they looked at the sign that said, "Adolfo Pirelli's Miracle Elixir".

Suddenly, a lad about 12 years of age was on the stage, banging the drum for all to hear. From on Tamera's shoulders, Mirai was focused on the boy as well.

Ladies and gentlemen!
May I have your attention, perlease?
Do you wake every morning in shame and despair
To discover your pillow is covered with hair
Wot ought not to be there?
Well, ladies and gentlemen,
From now on you can waken with ease,
You need never again have a worry or care,
I will show you a miracle marvelous rare.
Gentlemen,
You are about to see something that rose from the dead...
On the top of my head. The boy sung and he took off his hat which revealed a platinum blonde wig. Everyone in the crowd laughed except for us.

'Twas Pirelli's
Miracle Elixir,
That's wot did the trick, sir,
True, sir, true.
Was it quick, sir?
Did it in a tick, sir,
Just like an elixir
Ought to do!

How about a bottle, Mister?
Only costs a penny guaranteed.

Does Pirelli's
Stimulate the growth, sir?
You can have my oath, sir,
'Tis unique.
Rub a minute.
Stimulatin' i'n'it?
Soon you'll have to thin it