Don't make us saints, we're wards of pain. The past and a perfect picture

A/N

This is what happens when I listen to The Happiest Girl, Nights Like This, and Still Don't Know My Name on repeat.

This was a one shot that turned into a three shot that turned into an entire story that ended up getting split into like three different stories before I came back and decided to finish it lol.

This may seem a little similar if you've read my other stories because I started writing this O.S forever ago but fuck it, I came back to it since our girls are headlining Coachella, I swear I manifested that shit lol so I finished this one too in honor of that while I work on updating the other open stories I have. I know, I know, I really started sucking at updating but please love me anyway 🥺

Those of you following Little Saint, The Medic and The Soldier, Fake Dating, and Devil in a Red Dress, my sincerest apologies, and here is this finished story as penance for being slow to update considering I'm nearly at the end for all of them.

Anyways, I talk too much. Carry on.

One more thing, this could be read as a fluffy one shot if you don't like a rollercoaster of emotions, but I hope you still vote on the other chapters if you stop here.

____________
____________

Jennie and Lisa had both always been afraid of what loving each other would mean, because they did love each other. Like that. If you asked them—once they had come to terms with it, which had taken them a few years to accept—they would have both told you that it had pretty much been love at first sight for the both of them.

Neither of them could recall ever loving anyone else because how could they when all they'd really known was each other. They had first met as trainees for YG entertainment incredibly young and both fell hard but they refused to confess to each other for fear of losing everything, for fear of losing each other because they were both unaware that the other had the same strong romantic feelings too and neither of them would ever risk losing each other, even if all they got was friendship.

They'd take what they could get because they were that important to one another. As long as they were in each other's lives it's what mattered most.

Lisa came to terms with it first and Jennie later on would roll her eyes and laugh at herself because of course she did, Jennie tended to be a little stubborn and more closed off than Lisa, especially when it came to feelings.

The day Lisa realized she was in love with Jennie, the shock and emotion had hit her like a truck. It had happened very suddenly, very strong, and had basically knocked the wind out of her so much that she felt like she couldn't breathe.

That part, the not breathing part was mostly because she wasn't with Jennie in that moment and Lisa suddenly realized she had always found it hard to breathe when Jennie wasn't close to her, and now the sensation was double fold because of her sudden realization.

Lisa had always been an optimist and happy go lucky by nature but sometimes when Jennie had been gone for too long for a schedule Lisa's constant energy and constant smile always dropped to a one instead of a ten.

Lisa started to realize she was so in love with that girl one day because Jennie had posed for Calvin Klein sometime after they had finally debuted and Lisa had spent way too long staring at all of her pictures when they were finally released and the fire in her belly at seeing Jennie half naked and looking way too hot was undeniable.

She had always thought Jennie was gorgeous. She had never denied that, but soon she realized she had been fooling herself the whole time when she told herself that the only reason that she always tended to gravitate towards Jennie the most and flirt with her while doing fan service was because Lisa wished she looked like Jennie because she was devastatingly beautiful, not to mention she was super feisty yet still incredibly sweet.