Act One, Scene One

Viktoria: (enters bedroom chamber) Brother, what is this I've heard about potential dealings with the Wolves?

Xavien: Why greetings to you too, Sister.

Viktoria: (paces around the room) I never knew you to be this foolish. Why must you fall for these lesser claims?

Xavien: Lesser claims? I thought peace is what you wanted. Was it not you who incited the rebellion against our father?

Viktoria: How could one possibly compare our father with the Wolves? He were a good man from the day he rose till the day he burned. But the Wolves? They don't know the difference between a stick and a bone.

Xavien: You speak judgment yet you have never known a Wolf.

Viktoria: (scrunches up hair) I have no need to know a Wolf, Brother! They have done nothing but harm us from the beginning of our rise.

Xavien: (sighs heavily) I understand your view, Sister.

Viktoria: (takes a step forward) Then-

Xavien: However: I am the King, and I say that on the next full moon, before the winter solstice, a truce with the Wolves and Vampires will be officialized.

Viktoria: One cannot trust them! How could we? We bare the ashes of our dead in our homes. And we raise our children to fear the forest.

Xavien: You claim that we are not without fault? Have you forgotten the very massacre, led by our father, that led you to stabbing a dagger through his throat?

Viktoria: (snarls) I didn't do it for the Wolves, Brother! We lost that night too! Our very own lost brothers and sisters! Our mother among them! (deep inhale) You stand here in front of me declaring I a hypocrite, well, I'd rather be known a hypocrite than a traitor.

Xavien: Enough now, Sister. The date has been set. This alliance is happening.

Viktoria: Then you'll damn us all to immediate death!

Xavien: (rubs temples) What must I do to persuade you?

Viktoria: There be nothing you can do, Brother. I will stand behind you, but I will not stand with you.

Xavien: That is all I ask.

END OF ACT ONE, SCENE ONE.