Epilogue

The body of Princess Viktoria lays upon a table of moonlit glass. King Xavien stands behind her; Alpha Nokamiss stands next to him. Vampires bow from across the filled courtyard.

Tiya: A dreary day has befallen our species. Our warrior; our advocate; our protector. Our Princess Viktoria will be welcomed into the arms of the goddess. She is to be reunited with all of our brothers and sisters who have been lost to us. (deep breath) As a Teller, I am not to hold friendship. I am to stay isolated and to serve the King at all cost, but I will not deny my respect and kinship for Viktoria. She was strong, fierce, and powerful. And only she was capable of dethroning King Xalor... and she did it without difficulty. We had all lost something because of the former-King. We had lost siblings and cousins, aunts and uncles, (looks at Viktoria's body) mothers. We all knew Queen Vera. She had been compassionate and humble and was able to kill a dozen of our former enemies with just her sword. A sword that many of us doubted could be wielded again. (chuckles) Princess Viktoria learned to fight with it only days after the Queen's death. But it isn't Viktoria's power that has us shedding tears today. It was her loyalty. Loyalty to the throne. Loyalty to her people. And loyalty as a sister. She took her last breaths in the arms of Alpha Nokamiss and King Xavien; and today she dies in front of all those she loved: us. (grabs torch and hovers over her body) May the goddess welcome you into her kingdom and reborn you into our silent protector. It's time to rest now, Princess Viktoria. (lays torch on her body; it burns; she dies)

Nokamiss: (lays head on his shoulder as they stand before the ashes of the princess) My love, it is time to go.

Xavien: I know. (sighs) What did she say to you? Before her body died?

Nokamiss: (smiles) She gave me a blessing that only Royalty is able to bestow. She gave us the blessing of unity.

Xavien: (tears up and kneels before the table) Thank you my selfless, Sister. Thank you.

THE END.