Act Two, Scene One

Background: Alpha Nokamiss has been officially challenged. In a change of events, King Xavien and the Royal Guard have come to the Pack House to protect the Alpha.

Nokamiss: You did not have to come, my love.

Xavien: Was I to sit atop my throne and let you and the Wolves fight with claws and teeth?

Nokamiss: Why yes.

Xavien: (playfully bites neck) I bear many negative feelings with that thought, Alpha.

Nokamiss: It is Wolf Law to fight alone when a challenge is announced. We've been through this, Xavien.

Xavien: I don't remember bearing a tail. Nor do I remember following Wolf law.

Nokamiss: You walk the forest's edge too much.

Xavien: I renounce that accusation!

Nokamiss: Mmm...

Xavien: What is that mind thinking?

Nokamiss: Esadowa was hoping to meet your sister.

Xavien: Ah. I take it she likes violence and bedding women?

Nokamiss: (playfully slaps shoulder) Xavien!

Xavien: (smirks)

Nokamiss: She does not particularly like your species; however, she has always respected Princess Viktoria for killing your father.

Xavien: I see. I wish she were here too, if that poses any consolation.

Nokamiss: She despises us that badly?

Xavien: (a sigh) Our mother was killed the night of the massacre. By your grandmother.

Nokamiss: (kisses cheek and whispers) I am sorry that you both bear loss on that night.

Xavien: (clasps her hands) We shall be sure it never happens again.

Nokamiss: (vigorously shakes head) It won't. Not when the goddess is lending us strength.

Xavien: Through her power we trust. (kisses clasped hands)

END OF ACT TWO, SCENE ONE.