Ch24: Girl Troubles

Milim's POV:

I can't tell what surprises me more, the fact that he was able to beat me, even with the current situation or the fact that I allowed him to. Even now, I'm not certain what I was thinking...

Now that I've declared my intentions, however, I might as well stick around. This place he has is fairly interesting and the food...it's so good! 

It's only been a few days since I've been here but everyone's treating me well. Sure, it's to be expected since I could flatten the entire place but they don't treat me as though I'm larger than life and...it's nice. It helps that my uncle is here. I've never actually met him prior to this so I didn't know what to expect but he's actually pretty awesome!

We've been having all sorts of fun together, battling one another in legendary showdowns between-

Shion: Nothing you say will change the fact that I am, at the end of the day, Lord Rimuru's first and as the first, it is my responsibility as his wife to care for him-

Shuna: WIFE????

I'd forgotten these two were still arguing over my husband...as if they ever stood a chance.

Me: Rimuru's mine, end of discussion.

Both: Shut it, newcomer!

Me: Is that a challenge?

Shion: Hah! I could crush you into a pulp-

Me: I'd like to see you try-

Shuna: AAAAAAHHHH!

Shuna screams, garnering the attention of the room but all I find is Treyni massaging Rimuru's shoulders as he sleeps, head resting on her lap. I don't exactly see the problem here-

Shion: How dare you-

Treyni: Shhh...

Shion falls silent but this only enrages Shuna further. Spinning around, she grabs the nearest item before hurling it towards Treyni. Treyni dodges but before she can respond, Shion's got Shuna pinned to the floor.

Shion: Are you mad? What if you'd hit Lord Rimuru?

Shuna: I-

Shion: No wonder he doesn't invite you here-

Shuna: GET OFF ME!

Shuna floods the entire room with water causing everyone's clothing to get drenched but she seems oblivious to this fact as she storms out of the room.

Shion: SHUNA!!!

There's no response. Treyni and I both strip out of the wet clothing, setting them by the relit fire to dry. We could dry them much faster with magic but I prefer resting without mine and I can only assume Treyni wishes to feel Rimuru's body touching her exposed skin. Shion chooses instead to go after Shuna and mere seconds after she's left through the door, explosions rock the building.

Me: Are they always like this?

Treyni: I'm surprised you aren't joining them.

Me: I-

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Me: I don't think adding more fuel would resolve anything. If anything, it'd only drive us all further away from him.

I point towards the still-sleeping Rimuru and Treyni smiles, looking down as she caresses his face, eyes filled with adoration.

Treyni: He really is special, isn't he?

Me: He is.

We remain, lounging in silence for some time before the sounds of the fight outside return. It seems they are slowly getting closer with each passing minute but I find it more surprising that no one has tried stopping them as yet. I can't imagine the amount of damage they've likely caused already.

Treyni: My...they're really going at each other's throats, aren't they?

Me: Aren't you going to stop them?

Treyni glances down at Rimuru resting in her lap then back at me as if implying some unspoken truth. Sighing, I get dressed before heading for the door.

Me: You owe me for this.

Treyni: Perhaps when he awakens he'll let us know who has what number...

Me: Huh?

Treyni: Wife number-

Me: I get it! I get it!

I slam the door behind me before she has a chance to finish but just as I turn to face the world, I find a ball of fire sailing towards me.

Batting it out of the sky, I find Benimaru and Hiiro trying to pry both girls apart. Their dresses are all but ripped to shreds and there are visible claw marks all across their skins. Nearby buildings are nothing but mere ruins but all in all, there is far less damage than I thought would be present.

Shion: Let go of me! I'll kill her!

Benimaru: Calm down! You're going to destroy the-

Shuna: I dare you to try!

Shuna's hands glow blue before the rising flames are snuffed out by the quick movement of Hiiro who manoeuvres until he's behind her. Using the hilt of his sword, he gives her a good knock to the back of the head before catching her unconscious form as it falls forward.

Hiiro: One down-

Shion goes livid, blasting away Benimaru before charging straight for Hiiro. As she charges, she jumps into the air, summoning her massive sword before swinging down with all her might. She leaves herself open to attack but moves so fast that Hiiro's unable to put Shuna down in time to block, so I intervene, catching the blade with my hands at the last second. My feet sink through the paved road from the sheer power of the strike.

Me: Wow. She really was aiming to kill you Shuna.

Hiiro: Bloody hell Shion! What's gotten into you?

Shion: Lord Rimuru's mine! Mine, do you hear me?

She raises her sword, challenging everyone to dare oppose her but just as I'm about to humiliate the fool, Benimaru does the job by whacking her so hard she drops like a dead body to the ground.

Benimaru: What the hell happened inside?

The door opens behind us, garnering everyone's attention but what we find startles us all.

Hiiro: Milord!

They all fall to their knees but I'm far more hesitant to act. Something's off about this...whoever this is, they aren't Rimuru and judging by their own reaction to everyone's subservience towards them as though they were Rimuru, I'm all but certain they themselves are fully aware of this fact as well.

????: Actually...how should I explain this...I-I am Master's first wife.

All: HUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH!!!!