Favourite Fruit

***
TAKES PLACE IN ARC 3!!!
***

You finally get the chance to go grocery shopping for what felt like the fist time in weeks. You're fridge had been running critically low, but you didn't want to leave the daycare attendant alone in your apartment.

Sun practically forced you out the door when he noticed you'd been eating frozen meals you had had in your freezer for ages for the last new nights. At least you wouldn't have to eat microwave lasagna that didn't taste like any meat you'd ever had before.

Your basket is practically full right now, and you're just about ready to check out when something catches your attention in the corner of your eyes.

***

"Hey, I'm home" you call out into the apartment as you walk in the door.

No response, which you assumed would be the case given that Moon is sprawled on the floor with a cat on his face. Biscuit meows at you, abandoning his prey and making a bee-line for your shopping bags in the case you gave cat food. "Jeez, what happened? Did Bicky maul you or something?" You chuckle.

"Mauled Sun, actually" he says flatly, still lying on the floor, "just refused to move from our face afterwards".

You make a sound of acknowledgement as you dump the groceries on the kitchen counter. "Ok, we'll, I got a bunch of stuff. I found some mangoes at the shop"

Moon seems to perk up at that word. "You got Mangoes? I thought you didn't like them"

"Just because I never got them doesn't mean I don't like them. You've just never seen me have any"

Moon glares at you from his place on the floor. He stands, coming over to you and helping you put the groceries away. A hand comes up onto the small of your back, simply sitting there. You've gotten used to this over the past few weeks.

It's not supposed to be threatening or anything, he just does it for his own security, and in a way yours. Just to make sure you're still there, still real. It's the same thing with you, really.

Once everything is away, you pull one of the Mangoes out along with a knife and chopping board. Moon watches you intently as you cut away at the fruit.

"Mangoes remind me of Sunny, in a weird way" you say as you lick some of the juice from your fingers.

Moon gives you a mocking look. "You say that as you cut into one like a maniac"

"1: shut up, you know what I mean. 2: who's the maniac?" You reflect his mocking smile.

Moon gives his typical low laugh. "Got me there. How... how does it remind you of Sun?"

The question catches you off guard a little. You think on your answer, tipping the fruit pieces into a bowl. "I guess... he seems sweet on the outside, but there's a thick skin that prevent you from getting to truly know him. Once you get past it, he's even sweeter than you'd think"

Moon is obviously just as surprised at your sudden wisdom as you are, but he blows it off quickly, making an acknowledging sound. His fingers begin to fidget around your back, finding the hem of your shirt and rubbing it between his fingers.

"What fruit... so you think I'd be?"

Again, the question is unexpected and catches you off guard. You look at him in the surprise, but his gaze is very intently focused on the bowl of mango. Now this one, you think about.

"I guess... uhm... maybe... a Durian"

Moon looks confused for a moment. You don't blame him, a Durian is an uncommon fruit. He waits for you to elaborate, so you continue.

"On the outside, you have a hard and sharp shell that's hard to get through. When you finally get through it, the durian smells really gross and you feel like it wasn't worth it. But then you try it, and its really sweet. It's unexpected. You taste sweet"

Moons looking up at you now. You look straight back at him. He blinks, but his expression is too hard to read.

"I... taste sweet? You know what I taste like?" He says, raising an eyebrow with a cheeky grin.

"Yeah I guess so"

"..."

"..."

"WAIT NO THATS NOT-"