Glass hurts

***
TAKES PLACE IN ARC 2
TW FOR BLOOD
***

You toss the now dirty cloth into the now equally dirty water ticket beside you, laying down on the floor with a groan.

"Again, Sunny, please check the label to make sure they aren't permanent markers. At this rate I'm going to have to retire early..." you sigh, flexing your arms to make a point.

Sun mimics a creaking sound as he waddles over, sitting beside you. "Sore muscles is a good thing! That means you're getting stronger!"

You yawn, and dismiss the small twitch in one of Sun's rays. "Yeah, yeah. How long until the lights go out?"

Sun pretends to check an invisible watch. "One minute! Time flies when your building muscles!"

You playfully roll your eyes. "I still have to do a bit of cleaning, wash that clock Jacob threw slime on earlier..." you sigh.

"Of course! We won't be far behind you!"

**

It's a very short trek to the service sink, in-fact it was in the gift shop staff room. The slime still stuck to the clock clings onto your uniform, so you give up trying to hold the clock under your arm and just hold in-front of you instead. 

Bells jingle in the rafters above you. "Afternoon, Moonman!" You call into them.

Bells jingle back in a greeting.

You turn the lights to the gift shop off as you walk in, pulling the torch from your waist and and using that as your illumination. Moon chuckles behind you. "What? Scared of the dark?"

You ignore him. He knew full well why you had that flashlight.

The light in the staff room is already dark, so you leave it that way and set the torch on the sink counter. Moon crawls into the space, crouching on one of the selves beside you.

You turn the clock in your hands, pulling open the pegs that hold the plastic and glass around it when you find them. You set the clock and plastic aside.

You sit the glass in the sink as it starts to fill with hot water.

"Anything else to do tonight?" Moon asks from the shelf.

"Nope, we did it all before. There was... a lot." You groan.

Moon makes a noise of acknowledgment. "After this, maybe you could get some rest" he flashed you a cheeky smile.

You roll your eyes. "No chance, Moonman. I need to get home to my rabid animal"

You grab the sponge sitting beside the sink, plunging it into the hot water and starting to scrub the glass. Your hand sinks down further then you expect it to with the rounded glass, and one hand starts to drift away...

"Ah! Fuck!"

You yell as you pull your hands from the water, realising too late what happened. There's a huge slice across the middle of your palm, with a peice of glass stuck in the side. Your other hand which was holding the sponge has a cut up the side of your wrist and along your finger.

Well, fuck. You hiss at the pain, not sure what to do except hoping the noise will somehow help. Moon's moving from the corner too fast for you to register, already in front of you and gently holding your hands upturned in his.

You make odd noises from the pain, watery and soapy blood dripping down your arms and onto the tiles below you. Moons worried gaze shifts between your hands, analysing the damage. "That... that really fuckin' hurt..." you hiss.

You underestimate the pain of shattered glass. Moon holds a finger up at you, and you try not to wince as he presses against the side of your hand with the piece of glass. Uselessly.

The fingertip in front of you flicks back, a small claw rising from within the fingers mechanisms. You watch in a painful haze as the claw moves towards the glass, aiming carefully before closing around the piece.

"Stay still, this might sting"

"What might- GAGH, FUCK!"

The glass shard comes clean in the small claw, Moon placing it carefully on the side of the sink. "It's ok, you did good. Your going good. Just keep staying still"

Moon speaks much calmer, still with a tinge of worry. You take a few deep breaths as you watch a compartment in the middle of his hand slide open, a small beige roll moving into the slot. Moon pulls on the end, wrapping the bandage around your hands before a small blade comes up and cuts it.

"I didn't know you could do that" You wince as the bandage wraps around, trying to focus on anything other then the sharp pain.

"There's probably a lot of things you don't know we can do, starshine"

You blink, dismissing the slight warmth in your face. "That sounded more like a flirt then you trying be mysterious"

Moon looks up at you through half-lidded eyes, quickly looking back to start bandaging your other hand. He makes a sound of acknowledgment, but doesn't correct you.

There's a small snip as the blade cuts a second bandage, and Moon pulls it into place. A few small bandaids from his pinkie finger later, and  your all patched up.

You admire Moon's handiwork, which he did surprisingly neat and gently given the size of his hands. "It's great, thank you"

Moon hums, gently holding your hand in his fingers. "Hold on, there's the final touch"

You cock your head, unsure what he means. There wasn't much else he could do after bandaging.

Moon raised both your hands towards his face plate, pressing his lips on your fingers just gentle enough the touch felt like a tingle across your skin. "There, all better. They'll heal in no time"

You flush, looking up at him in surprise. He gives you a soft smile, then turns to the sink to clean up the glass.