Overwhelmed

***
I'm not dead I swear
ANYWAY ARC 3 LETS GO!!!

With Autistic, over-stimulated reader! This is a more self-indulgent chapter, so comfort touches :)

***

You get back from work late that night. It was a busy Saturday night, with a wedding in the upstairs functions room of your workplace and a birthday downstairs in the bar. Plus the usual Saturday rush, and the added band playing that night too.

Your head aches, and every little noise around you sends you jumping three foot into the air or makes your head throb. Your digging your fingers so hard into your arm that it hurts, but it's giving something for your brain to focus on outside how loud everything around you is and how thick the air feels.

Your pretty flat when you step into your apartment, nowhere near bothered enough to unpack your empty lunchbox from your bag. As soon as you step into the apartment, all the lights are on and you see Sun curled up on your coach, trying to coo over Biscuit who's not having a lick of it.

As soon as you step inside, Sun jolts, turning to face you with a huge grin.* "Sunflower! It's so late, we thought—"

Sun cuts himself off halfway through his sentence, inspecting you for a few seconds. You grimace, knowing well enough by now he can already tell your overstimulated. "...heya, Sunny..." you respond quietly, flatly.

Sun springs into action. He knew the drill.

He's got a blanket in his arms already, and you can see his arms starting to glow as they build up warmth. He moves over to you, wrapping the blanket around you while your standing and scooping you into his arms like you weigh nothing. "Alright, cuddle time!" Sun says like it's a command, carrying you over to the coach.

His holds you in his lap when he sits down, wrapping his arms tight around you in your blanket-burrito. One hand slips under the blanket and just under the hem of your shirt, a comforting and warm touch on your skin.

"Do you want me to tell you about what me and Moony got up to today?" Sunny asks gently, holding you close to him.

You nod with a little hum, going limp in his arms. You let yourself focus on the feeling of him squeezing you gently, the feeling of his hand on your waist and his voice rambling to you about what he had been up to today. For a moment you think you hear something about him dropping one of your pot plants on a raccoon outside through your window on accident, but don't really pay attention.

After a little while Sun runs out of things to ramble about, but you don't mind. Everything doesn't feel so loud anymore. Sun looks down at you, stroking your back in a comforting caress that you can tell comes from years of experience with children. "Feeling better, sunflower?"

You nod, letting your head fall limp on his chest. Sunny modes to unravel you from your blanket-prison, but you grab onto his hand to stop. "Just... I want to stay like this for a little longer..." you mutter against his chassis.

Sunny smiles, and gives a small nod.

"Anything, sunflower..."

***

OH MY GOD HI IM STILL ALIVE I PROMISE
This draft has been sitting here a few lines away from being finished for forever holy fuck, uh anyway—

Thank you all for reading my stuffs despite my inactivity here :)

I've been writing a few novels the last few months, so maybe one day I'll get to publish them here. ^^