Long day at work

****
TAKES PLACE IN ARC 3
****

You don't want to go work tonight. You didn't want to work any night, really. It was one of the faults of being human.

However, you especially didn't want to work today since a certain bright and Sunny animatronic insisted on coming too.

"Sunny, I can't take to work with me" you flatly as you stuff your wallet into your bag.

"We won't get in the way! Promise! We can be your cheerleaders, from the sidelines!"

"I'm going to be judged for the rest of my work life if I walk in with a giant sun-themed animatronic. Please, Sunny"

"No! We are coming with you! You have no choice!"

"Alright then, I'll just have to get into the car before you can"

...you could not get into the car before him. By the time you got in, Sunny was already seat-belted into the passenger seat. In the end, you gave up to trying to argue with him thinking he would probably just get kicked out if he tried to come in with you, and you could just pretend you didn't know him.

It was an annoyance driving with every light in the car on while driving at night, but it would probably be even more annoying driving with Moon. He had a reputation for not liking the cramped space of your car, while Sunny didn't mind it at all.

You found this job a few months after... everything happened. It was a large hospitality building, double-story with offices, a cinema, and a functions room upstairs with the cafe, bistro and cafe downstairs. In a way, it was like a pocket pizzaplex. Minus the animatronics. In some places.

You were working in the bistro tonight, only a three hour shift. You pull up into one of the few free parking spaces, and the amount of cars already make you feel uneasy. "Alright. There's a park there if you guys want something to do. Don't leave my lights on cause I'd like to have a working car battery when I get back" you sigh as you grab your bag your bag.

"Oh, yes! Don't worry about that! We know how we can entertain ourselves!" Sun claps his hands together.

You side-eye him. "I swear if you come in-"

"We won't! Don't worry, sunflower! Now go ahead, you don't want to be late!"

You hesitate, but Sunny was right. You were in thin ice already thanks to an incident with a toddler and alcoholic ginger beer (in your defence, it was your second time in the bar and nobody told you it was alcoholic. It wasn't even marked as alcohol).

You toss Sunny the car keys and start going over, occasionally tossing a glance over your shoulder to make sure your animatronic is either in the car or the playground.

As you predicted, the building is packed when you walk inside. You hand your bag over the front desk and sign in, watching as large groups of people make their way towards the bistro.

Your coworker, Adelaide, waves at you as walk over to the bistro counter. "Hi" you wave back simply.

Adelaide was a very sweet young woman, quite talkative sometimes. "How are we for bookings tonight?" You sigh as you come around the corner of the counter, leaning over to look at the book.

"We're fully booked, we have a big group of 30 coming at 6"

You groan, Adelaide mirroring you before giggling.

You serve a few groups of people, taking them to their tables and giving them the run-down of the ordering system and such.

You hang around the counter during a quiet moment. Adelaide sighs. "This is gonna be a long night..."

"Heeeeellloooooo~!"

God fucking damnit. "Table for two, please!"

You glare at the sunny animatronic, and he just gives you a large smile.

You watch the colour drain from Adelaide's face as she hawks at the massive animatronic in-front of her.

Wait, where did Sun get a tie? There was none in your car and you didn't have any home so- oh wait it was a piece of paper, makes sense.

"U... uh... yeah, we, uh.... Yup! Will you take this gentlemen to his table?"

Adelaide hands you the table number, flashing you a confused and slightly panicked look. You take the table number from her hand, wordlessly leading Sunny over to a two-seater table. You place the number on the table along with a menu and wait until he's sitting to speak. "What the hell, Sunny"

Sun mock-gasps. "My, what unfriendly language! That's quite rude! Should I go and speak to your manager?"

"If you do anything to get me fired I'm locking you out of the apartment, got it?" You huff, ignoring his previous threat.

Sun nods and salutes you, and you toss him a glare before going back to your station.

Then, half an hour later, you're told to take a meal to his table.

You almost tell them that can't be right, but you don't feel like explaining to some random coworkers you live with that thing and you know he can't eat.

You take the meal to him and turn to walk away before he can say anything, but you feel his fingers softly wrap around your wrist. "Sunflower, you seem a little nervous" he says softly.

You sigh. "Yeah, it's... it's a big night tonight. Lots to do. Speaking of!"

You try and pull away again, but the fingers tighten. "Don't overwork yourself"

You give sun a thankful look. "Don't worry, Sunny. I'll be fine. At least you're here"