Chapter One

Purity scrambled onto her feet. Quickly putting on her heels, she was dreading the moment when she was done and had to head to the castle.

"That outfit...." her friend, Ruby, started, looking up at the dress. "Literally looks amazing. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?" Ruby demanded, his face in absolute shock.

Purity smiled, finishing slipping on her heels. The dress she had hand-picked out to try to impress Diamondcrown was a glittery white color, speckled with pearls around the neck. Purity had a better one, but...

She still wasn't sure why she hadn't gotten rid of it yet. The diamonds practically looked like the memories themselves on the bright purple tulle.

Purity shook her head, driving the dress out of her brain. Now it was time to go.

"Sapphire! Come on!" Purity started, raising her voice.

"WHAT PURITY MEANT TO SAY WAS 'SAPPHIRE, PLEASE SHUT UP YOUR PHONE, NOBODY LIKES YOUR SISTER ANYWAY, AND GET DOWN HERE!'" Ruby finished for her.

"Sure," Purity replied, "That was what I meant."

Sapphire came bulging down the door.

"You couldn't have waited for a little longer?" He asked, annoyed. Ruby gave him a look that said I-know-what-you're-thinking-and-you-should-really-shut-up.

"We should really get going," Purity said, gesturing them both towards the truck designed to bring them there. She thought Diamondcrown must either be going insane or more cruel than she thought to have them go in anything other than a solid gold carriage.

Purity gracefully stepped into the carriage, Ruby and Sapphire close behind. Upon seeing the driver, she did the curtsy she had so carefully practiced for many days. The group sat down in the front row.

She grasped Ruby's hand, who was sitting next to her, while watching the sun rise into the sky as the truck headed towards Diamondcrown's castle. This day decided her life.