Chapter Two

Purity looked outside. The pearls on her dress were illuminated by the sunlight shining through the window. 

Her brain was going crazy with ideas and possibilities.

If I get judged bad, what then? What happens to me? 

If I get judged good, though.. Would that really be better?

I don't even care what I get judged as. I just want to stay with Ruby and Sapphire.

A tiny, squeaky part of Purity's brain popped up. Telling her to recall from before Diamondcrown.

Shut up, she told that part of her head angrily. 

Purity was slapped back into reality by Sapphire calling "Purity? We're almost there, we should get some snacks." Purity nodded, and stepped out of her seat, still grasping Ruby's fingertips. Sapphire frowned, but led the way.

Snacks. Simple enough. Sure, let's do that. 

Purity followed Diamond and Ruby towards the snacks. A girl caught her eye—four-fifteen-ish, maybe, about her age—as they walked along. Purity waved.

"Hello!" The girl said eagerly. She looked like she didn't put much effort into her outfit. "What are you guys' names? I'm Tourmaline, but I'd prefer Amity!" Amity smiled.

"I'm Purity. And they," Purity pointed at the two people behind her, "are Ruby and Sapphire."

"I'll go get some snacks," Sapphire said, and dashed off before Amity or anyone else could argue. 

Purity sighed. "Typical Sapphire. Well, anyways, why are you going to see Diamondcrown?" 

"To be judged," Amity replied. "I'm trying not to worry much. I'm sure that I'll be judged good!"

"Same," Purity responded. "Well, not about the being sure I'll be judged good part. But I'm also being judged." 

Sapphire runs back, his arms full of snacks. "What did I miss?" 

"Nothing really," Purity replies, "except friendly conversation. I'm sure you don't care, though," Purity said, not being sure what she meant that as. 

Sapphire rolled his eyes, sitting back down in his seat.

"See you later, Amity!" Purity called before sitting back down. Ruby soon followed.

One more friend. That was nice.